DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best place to by a custom Driveshaft
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to by a custom Driveshaft
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OVC or Victory Performance does very nice work and all his parts are made in the USA, Dennis is a good guy and a racer.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Denny's driveshafts. It's all they do and they are very good at it. Mark Williams as well, and Front Range Driveshafts here.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Installed a Denny's MMC aka Metal Matrix Composite aka aluminum driveshaft in my former Chevelle back in 1998 and as far I know, it's still in service today.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I used Denny's years ago for my old lifted 4x4. Can't say how many times that shaft got hit with rocks, high centered on and who knows what. Never once hurt it...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Mark Williams=$$$$$ but they probably are the best.

I used Front Range Driveline in Denver, very pleased. If they’re good enough for Denny and Steve Johnson in their stuff they’re good enough for me!

If for a suspended RED use the CVD by Goethe Enterprises. My daughter in-law Vicky Johnson was the first to use Bret Goethe's CVD. CVD #001 and the first to win a National Event in T/D with Bret's CVD. Installed in 2013 and has never been an issue. Here is a link to Brets' face book page. https://www.facebook.com/GoetheEnterprises/
Check out some of the other users on Goethe Enterprises page. Besides, Bret is an absolute great guy.

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Does a carbon fiber shaft twist more or less at transbrake release than a chromemoly one? Equating to slower reacting?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
I use them to tune sometimes ..... IMO they do not hit the tire quite as hard as 4130.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
So they slow reaction time?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
So they slow reaction time?

I personally don't track RT, but the way it transfers to the tires my guess would be yes.......but I have no factual data to offer.

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
I used Dynotech, 4" aluminum w/ MW yoke. Same as SFI Pro Stock shaft w/o the sticker and saved me money.

Posts: 254 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post