Bracket Talk
Best place to by a custom Driveshaft

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/3807094976

December 19, 2017, 05:09 PM
camaro67
Best place to by a custom Driveshaft
I need a custom driveshaft(a certain length, not stock measurements) made for the corvette I am building. Who does a good job at a fair price.

Thanks
Brian
December 19, 2017, 05:47 PM
SuperPro54
I use PST in Clearwater FL for all are builds.
December 19, 2017, 06:04 PM
1320racer
Mark Williams, none better.
December 19, 2017, 06:11 PM
Cashflow
Mark Williams=$$$$$ but they probably are the best.

I used Front Range Driveline in Denver, very pleased. If they’re good enough for Denny and Steve Johnson in their stuff they’re good enough for me!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
December 19, 2017, 06:22 PM
Eman
I don't doubt MW is one of the best. For my money I went with a CM shaft from Strange. I called Strange, ordered it through Summit for the Pro shop deal and free shipping. I'm satisfied with both the price and quality.
December 19, 2017, 07:18 PM
Lenny5160
I've used a couple local truck driveline shops with no issue.

Tony Leonard
December 19, 2017, 07:23 PM
green1
I ordered my strange through summit and got it quick and is nice piece.
December 20, 2017, 07:55 AM
FTI
quote:
Originally posted by camaro67:
I need a custom driveshaft(a certain length, not stock measurements) made for the corvette I am building. Who does a good job at a fair price.

Thanks
Brian

we use PST. we do alot of Th400 conversion kits for the F-body camaro guys that we use there shafts on.

Give us a call we can get you setup with one!

-Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

December 20, 2017, 11:30 AM
Al Alguire
I have used PST, Inland, Dynotech, Mark Williams and QA1 as well as my local driveshaft guy. IMO it depends on the application whom I would choose. We ordered a carbon shaft from QA1 last year and have been very pleased with it. The last few before that came from Mark Williams both carbon and bonded aluminum.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
December 20, 2017, 11:52 AM
suprodn
I used Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg SC they will make it any length my is Crome moly
December 20, 2017, 12:12 PM
TOP38
quote:

Thanks
Brian

Steel - any good shop

Aluminum - MW
December 20, 2017, 12:24 PM
6Volt
I had the CM driveshaft for Dragster built by Jerry Bickel. Very reasonable on price and exceptional quality.

Cody Harger
Charger Racing
December 20, 2017, 10:27 PM
Scott Creed
PST is building one right now for my nephews SBC Fox. I had won a gift certificate from Be A Winner. They've been great to work with.
December 21, 2017, 08:19 AM
Roger McGinnis
quote:

Thanks
Brian

If it is length only, any driveshaft builder can do it. I'm sure you can find many in NC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 21, 2017, 08:36 AM
Underdog99
quote:
If it is length only, any driveshaft builder can do it. I'm sure you can find many in NC.

Yep, I've used a local place several times as do most around here. Fayette Welding and Driveline. Had mine built from an F150 driveshaft since I run a Ford rear. I supplied the parts except one end they supplied. Shortened, balanced and assembled for $120.
December 21, 2017, 08:54 PM
Eman
Pay attention to the brand of joints, many make the price seem cheaper by using a cheaper joint and want more if you upgrade. Also measure more than twice!
December 22, 2017, 12:39 PM
Roger McGinnis
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Pay attention to the brand of joints, many make the price seem cheaper by using a cheaper joint and want more if you upgrade. Also measure more than twice!

True, use Spicer's without grease zerks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 22, 2017, 03:13 PM
Brktracer
Driveshaft is not the place to save money. Every time I've seen one break it took the transmission case with it. Coughing up the extra money for a MW shaft might be worth it.

Matt Ward

December 22, 2017, 04:12 PM
1320racer
Right
December 22, 2017, 07:28 PM
ferndaleflyer
I would call Donnie Gibbs in Mooresville first.