DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD 7765 Wide Band Sensor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD 7765 Wide Band Sensor
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Check the wiring it looks correct the plugs are good.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Heater voltage is 0.00

Then the alert fault is correct.

The heater voltage may come from that seperate red wire to the sensor module. Verify that the red wire is attached to a continuous +12 volt source.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Heater voltage is 0.00

Then the alert fault is correct.

The heater voltage may come from that seperate red wire to the sensor module. Verify that the red wire is attached to a continuous +12 volt source.

It is

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
All i know is MSD customer service is Complete TRASH... 3 days and a 1 to many phone calls and they are sending me a new o2 sensor...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro_ET
posted Hide Post
You might have a bad O2 kit. I just installed one about 6 weeks ago. First start up it appeared to work, got to the track and mine stayed at 13 volts (heater voltage) when the engine was running and 0 volts with ignition on but not running. During a run it would stay at 6.4 AFR flatline (methanol) and 14.7 AFR(gasoline). After a couple calls with MSD and validating the basic installation instructions etc. They wanted me to send back the O2 kit. I let them know I had a race in a couple days and they sent one out to me no questions asked, got rained out but I'd have to say that was pretty good customer service!

The new one works just fine!

The heater voltage should vary (Fluctuate) with the AFR around 9 volts +-.

Make sure you have the data recording set for heater voltage on and set the high low limits to wide range around your desired AFR or your graph will flatline on those settings.

Also turn on the AFR and Heater voltage real time gauge with the laptop plugged in and engine running to see what it's doing.

Posts: 127 | Location: Div 3 | Registered: December 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Is there anything special about these wires or can they be spliced with regular wire?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro_ET:
You might have a bad O2 kit. I just installed one about 6 weeks ago. First start up it appeared to work, got to the track and mine stayed at 13 volts (heater voltage) when the engine was running and 0 volts with ignition on but not running. During a run it would stay at 6.4 AFR flatline (methanol) and 14.7 AFR(gasoline). After a couple calls with MSD and validating the basic installation instructions etc. They wanted me to send back the O2 kit. I let them know I had a race in a couple days and they sent one out to me no questions asked, got rained out but I'd have to say that was pretty good customer service!

The new one works just fine!

The heater voltage should vary (Fluctuate) with the AFR around 9 volts +-.

Make sure you have the data recording set for heater voltage on and set the high low limits to wide range around your desired AFR or your graph will flatline on those settings.

Also turn on the AFR and Heater voltage real time gauge with the laptop plugged in and engine running to see what it's doing.

Good to know. 3 days and many phone calls and it took getting pissed for them to answer and respond. Fact it the tech had no clue what the problem was and i believe he sent me the o2 to try to fix the issue. I have not had to call MSD much ,but the times i have have not been good customer service.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Question.. Is there a way to connect a WEGO 2 O@ setup to the grid?

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

Dave

Dave

You need msd part numbers 7765, 7740 and 7741.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:

Dave

Dave

You need msd part numbers 7765, 7740 and 7741.

Joe

I know I can hook up using those parts. I was thinking maybe there was a way to go direct from the WEGO to MSD.
I'll just use my RPM Data logger. It would be easier anyway. I'd have to open two different programs to look at my data.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post