DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    air assisted chute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

air assisted chute
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering if anyone here is running a chute that is deployed with air assist . Especially if you built it.

Most I have seen for sale and videos has just a bag that chute goes in and when deployed the air catches bag and in turn opens chute.

I have a system I built usinf a 12" solenoid I had laying around and a bag that came with a chute sometime or another. Wondering if any have had issue with chute not having a pilot chute and just the bag?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I made mine, just added one cylinder a switch to dump the air for packing. Initially I just took a cut off wheel and removed the spring from my exististing pilot… I have since changed to a bag for air chutes…. Pretty easy to do

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post