DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    J.W. Bell / Bolt together converter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

J.W. Bell / Bolt together converter
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SST400:
Browell

x2

Locate a Reid two piece with a Browell can. Be nice and HD.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Duh, it's a glide. I figured it out. LOL

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Going backwards in my thinking a bit, but, what would using a 1/2 plate adapter and a stock chevy pattern glide do for you?
Bohr Racing machines adapters. Bohr Racing Link

I'm assuming the stock glide bell would give you clearance.
Sell the JW stuff and recoup most of the money.

Just a thought..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bobalbertyjr
posted Hide Post
My latest thoughts are to have this converter changed to a welded body. BTE has been in contact with me about it.
The flange and body as a bolt together are what is fighting me.

Posts: 36 | Location: Broken Arrow Oklahoma | Registered: July 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Before welding it up. Look into a Reid case with Hemi bell. See if they will check measurements inside for you. Yes its pricey way to go.Hey you will also shed about 16 lbs if you have JW bell and case. Pretty sure price tag is about 1300 bucks.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you were going to have converter changed I would just buy a new one and sell or keep the bolt together one.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post