DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    American dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Guys that are mounting there air bottle under the dash do you find yourself going threw a lot of air bottles?

Posts: 11 | Location: pa | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Generally, bottles mounted on there side won’t last as long

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
seabass that's what i was told also. on my other car it was mounted up right and would last all season. now that its on its side it don't last long at all.

Posts: 11 | Location: pa | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Put a air compressor on it and be done with the bottles. Best money ever spent on a race car

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what brand or type of compressor are you using?

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
K&R air compressor.

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep!

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I turn mine on when I put it in and turn it off when it runs empty. Normally that is around 1 month.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
K&R plumbed to the front and rear of the car also

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
A vertical bottle will definitely last longer than a horizontal one but if your system is sealed well & functioning properly you should only need to refill a few times a year. I have an air shifter & starting line enhancer and I open the bottle in the morning & close it when I put the car away and only have to change it a few times a year even with it mounted horizontally under the dash.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of brian hansbury
posted Hide Post
VIAIR 1000 little over hundred dollars plumbed to air chuck also in case need touch up in lanes have on all 3 cars ....over 6 years now

Posts: 16 | Location: east nassau | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My 10 oz is mounted horizontal. Shift 2x per run. Good for over 350 runs.

Open bottle beginning of day and close at end. If at 1000 psi when shutting off it will take almost a week to leak down to less than 100 psi.

My electric over air shift solenoid is mounted directly on the shift cylinder.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
seems like every solenoid ive had leaks

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
seems like every solenoid ive had leaks

All the Humphrey 310 that I have used and others I know that use these leak at some point after installing.

To fix this, scribe a line on the plastic / brass piston cover and aluminum body to show where the cover needs to be returned to when re-assembling.

Remove the spring and piston. Clean all the factory grease off the piston sealing rubber and the seat face inside. Re-assemble dry.

I’ve found the grease picks up any dirt in the system and causes leaks.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post