New
Find
Notify
Tools

7" bbc rod ?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Does anyone here have a set of 7" bbc steel rods to sell? Or know of a company with them on the shelf?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are long. I run Howards billet I-beam rods in my engine. Just did a quick check on the web site and the longest rod listed is only 6.700"

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlkyIROC:
Wow. Those are long. I run Howards billet I-beam rods in my engine. Just did a quick check on the web site and the longest rod listed is only 6.700"

This is actually for a Hemi with the crank offset ground to bbc rod journal....Founds lots of 6.800 and 7.100...I need something in between..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hemi's typically have a different pin size, 1.031" ? BBC .990" If you find that 7" rod make sure Pin size is what you need..

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Isn't it possible to get a custom rod made?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Why not use an aluminum rod? MGP could make you a set in about a week

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I run a 7" mgp aluminum.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Molnar? They show at least one hemi rod of some sort at 6.950".

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post