DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&p engineering oil filter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&p engineering oil filter
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Glad you knew Ed. I couldn't have told him.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a K&P oil filter for mine earlier this week.

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good choice

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have LAT on my 615 but probably changing to a K&P since I am ordering one for my wife's engine. There are a couple things I like better about the K&P and even thought about becoming a vendor for them.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TonyB6255 whats the difference LAT to K&P?
Im looking at LAT,
looks fine to me

Posts: 18 | Location: sweden | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
#1 is cost, you can buy 2 K&P filters for what 1 Lat filter cost.

#2 it appears to be larger than the K&P. The size of the K&P is why I went with it for my Firebird.
Made changing the oil filter from a 1 hour ordeal to 10 minutes to remove it, clean it and reinstall it.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
If you owned and used a System 1, why did you change to this brand?

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mathias:
TonyB6255 whats the difference LAT to K&P?
Im looking at LAT,
looks fine to me

Having both, the removal of the element for inspection is super easy in the k&p

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
JR I was impressed with the LAT last year while helping one my fellow SST racers. I didn't even know what brand it was. I called Joe while I was in the parking lot of the parts store. I still use my old Moroso screen one the top also. Which reminds me that I might oughta take a peak.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:
JR I was impressed with the LAT last year while helping one my fellow SST racers. I didn't even know what brand it was. I called Joe while I was in the parking lot of the parts store. I still use my old Moroso screen one the top also. Which reminds me that I might oughta take a peak.

Those Moroso screens work well, i used one for years

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1517 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don’t recommend those screens. Been rumored to restrict oil flow. Used one was told not to by several racers and engine builders including Tracy Dennis, I should have listened.