DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&p engineering oil filter
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&p engineering oil filter
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Are any of you here using this filter? If so any issues?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I used it for few seasons, no issues and may go back to using it on the Firebird. The only benefit to it is if you need a physically smaller filter as I do with the Firebird or you want to inspect your oil filter regularly/after every race but for most serious bracket racers with engines costing $25-$50k like myself and using synthetic racing oil Wink, it’s a non issue because we are changing the oil and filter in 30 passes or less.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I like to look at the filter, hated my system one… I don’t run to 30 passes either

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I used it for few seasons, no issues and may go back to using it on the Firebird. The only benefit to it is if you need a physically smaller filter as I do with the Firebird or you want to inspect your oil filter regularly/after every race but for most serious bracket racers with engines costing $25-$50k like myself and using synthetic racing oil Wink, it’s a non issue because we are changing the oil and filter in 30 passes or less.

Why did you stop using it?

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
K&N is a marketing partner

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I use one on my SRE engine and really like it. Simply screw it off block anytime and pull the screen out and check . Really easy and clean to use

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Where can a fellow buy the filter?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I purchased the two K&P S19 filters that I ran on both the Firebird and dragster's engines from David Barton back in 2016.

https://www.raybarton.com/search?q=K%26P

https://kandpengineering.com/

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Question for those using the k&p filter. On a small/ big block Chevy, do you still retain the oem filter adapter with the bypass valve or replace with a aftermarket without the bypass? I looked at faq on the website and the technical questions but this wasn’t discussed.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I used the K&P filter with the adapters as installed on my Dart Big M blocks

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I use the adapter. Throw the bypass away. I think the filter can be bought direct.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Where can a fellow buy the filter?

scoggins and d ic key

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I run one on my Vette. Just pulled motor for refresh 582ci with nearly 400 passes. Castrol 20w50 non synthetic oil and every bearing looked like brand new. Like the ability to keep eye on things. Change oil about every 30-40 passes.

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted Hide Post
I like mine. Just be sure to torque it according to directions.

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark J:
I like mine. Just be sure to torque it according to directions.
good idea

J.R. Baxter

2024 Miller
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post

I got one of these from Joe at Sunset. Pretty neat piece. It will pay for itself in less than 10 oil changes.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Regan what brand is that filter?

Posts: 110 | Location: SO. IL. | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
LAT and you can buy 2 K&P filters for what 1 Lat filter cost.