DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    still no block part 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

still no block part 2
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
brodix still cant seem to cough up my aluminum block now that we are at the 6 month mark.

I guess a lot of engine builders are stating that blocks,cranks,pistons and rods are really hard to get.my engine builder has 30 engines ready to go back together but cant get certain parts!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Call Scott Duggins at Par and see if he has one.
If building a 632 get a 10.250 block instead of a 10.2 deck block. JMO

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm sure scott is having the same issues

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Who would of thought it be that hard to get a Alum block..... Not sure whats going on took 2 months to get a set of pistons for my 509 a few years ago

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my engine builder told me diamond je and another piston maker whom used to be competitors got bought out by the same investment company.

so now you have the same wait no matter which one you use...no reason to rush

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Could you go with someone else's block? Donovan or Dart maybe?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dart I guess there has been some issues with block sealing with the blowers...Donovan and new century said 6 months so at least they where honest

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sir , This is something you need to check with STEVE on . As far as a solid hipped block you are looking at about 6 to 7 weeks .
^^^^^^^^^^^
something isn't right because this guy art delude at brodix emailed me the above.right now its been 19 weeks

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, what block/specs exactly do you need?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its a solid bbc 4.50 bore tall deck with .937 lifter bore

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
.400 raised cam or standard and bore?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, check your PM.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
It wasnt a block, but during my recent rebuild, i got Callies Ultra rods in a week, Wiseco pistons in about a week, a custom ground cam from comp in about 10 days. Jesel is 8 business days and counting on some rockers at this moment. I have a hard time believing any company could stay in business if it takes 6 months to produce a product.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I ordered some complete Brodix Race-Rite ovals last year that took about 2 months to arrive. I wanted a spring that they don't offer standard, but I even stated that they can just throw the valves, springs, and retainers in a box with bare heads.

Once they arrived, the valve seats needed to be redone and I had to run a tap through some header bolt holes to make them work.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Any reputable builder should be disassembling complete heads and verifying everything is correct before installing anyones parts imo

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Mike I guess I got lucky getting mine in 2 months but I tell you if I was to do it all over again I would get a BAE hemi and not even mess with a bbc. I would be money ahead and have a whole lot less aggravation. Blown BBC build has been a huge PITA

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ya steve...thought this was basic 101 stuff