DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    14X32 Pro bracket radial
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14X32 Pro bracket radial
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nova Go:
Fuzzy is your car transbraked?

No, I currently run off the foot...I will try the button later on...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
"if your car/suspension works and you don't race on a junk track, they are consistent, if not you'll spin as if on ice."

I am curious as to just how you know this...have you run the new MT PBR's?...it's a rhetorical question so please do not reply...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
"Did you make any chassis changes when you switched to the PBR?"

No, I made no changes...I am back halved with a 4 link...so far mine are very consistent...all I hear from other users are how they hook at any track and any type of prep...tomorrow track temps should be in the 90's...I will report back as to how things went...

A friend of mine who just put them on his ride runs caltracs out back,,,he changed his shocks from 1 to 9 and immediately tripped the 60' beams with his rear tires..this was two nights ago at a test n tune...I think he had a 1.19 short time...

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
OK folks....I raced at Orlando yesterday...made only four passes unfortunately but my 60' times were 1.46, 1.45, 1.45 and 1.44...at 330' my time were 4.34, 4.34, 4.32 and 4.30...

The DA was over +2000 all day...temps were high 80's with humidity about the same...not sure of track temp but it wasn't cold...lol...I ran 17 lbs. in my PBR's...

I went out in the second round on a double breakout...I have been fighting with the car getting quicker as the day goes on for some time now...even as the DA goes up....sigh...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I too made 4 passes yesterday in my 3144 lb. back halved 4 link Firebird running Hoosier 32/13.5 radial slicks aired to 19psi.

The DA ranged from 2186 on my first pass to 2707 on my last.

60 foots off the footbrake were...1.229 right lane, 1.230 left lane, 1.229 left lane, 1.229 right lane

330 ETs were...3.632, 3.633, 3.633, 3.629

Btw, these tires had 110 passes on them when I started the day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
2 time shots, first round and a trip to the buyback window. Yep that adds up to 4..... Late day at the track hih!!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong dyckhead, I didn't lose any round. Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dyckhead too you!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It is hard to lose a round at a test and tune, even for you

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any new info on the 14/32 PBRs?

Posts: 6 | Location: Blanco Tx | Registered: April 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Yes...I now have 120 passes on my PBR 13.5x31 tires...I can report that outside temps don't matter, track temp does not matter and, to some extent, tire pressure is not very sensitive...they just hook every time...

I run 17 lbs. in them and they hold air like crazy, being radials...I lose maybe 1/2 lb. in 6 months...maybe...I do a lot smaller burnout than before and I would guess there are another 100+ passes left on these...

I used to run 14x32 MT slicks, the stiff sidewall model...I have decided to go up to the 14x32 size PBR's when these wear out...bigger footprint never hurts, I'm thinking...

BTW, I run an average bracket car...it runs 6.50's in the 1/8 with a 1.39-1.42 short time...I run 93 pump gas...it weighs 3250 with me in it...