DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Renegade racing fuels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renegade racing fuels
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Has anybody here made the switch from Sunoco fuel to Renegade? I have a local vendor here and I'll be making the switch, just looking for any info on potential changes for my combo. Did you have any tuning changes that had to be made? How differently did your car perform on Renegade fuel over another? Did you have to make any significant tuning changes or just the normal jet change or two?

I'm finally getting settled enough to get my car looked over and ready to run again so looking for input.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I changed fuels this year on my car from brand A to brand B. One thing to look at is the specific gravity of the 2 fuels. The higher specific gravity will require less jetting, possibly a size or two

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Most here that have switched have seen no issues between similar fuels. IE, 110 sunoco to renegade 110, i think they call it late model plus or something. I don't run it personally.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just today i tried renegade 116 have been running sunoco 116 no jet change needed and time slip the same as last night

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
I switched last year and see no difference other then the $$$ in my wallet

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
I switched last year and see no difference other then the $$$ in my wallet

Was renegade fuel cheaper or more expensive?

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Way cheaper around here. I gave about 575 for my last drum of 116.

Posts: 36 | Location: BROKEN ARROW OK | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Renegade was more expensive and harder to get than VP in my area. The only dealer close was a motorcycle shop that had to order.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 343 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. There is a local place here that deals with Renegade. Not much else around I'm afraid. Car culture here in Ft. Myers just isn't even close to what it was in Denver....

They are going to set me up with an account and a fuel card. Will make it easy to get fuel as I need it at least. It is more expensive than what I was paying for Sunoco in Denver, but I was buying the fuel at the track. Bandimere gets a huge discount for the amount that they buy and the racer gets the benefit of that....Don't have that advantage here.....

Is what it is though, I have a fuel source now and have heard a lot of good things about renegade fuels so that's what we'll run!

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Mike Thompson Racing Engines in naples has fuel. HE stocks it for his customers but I would believe he will sell it. Worth a call.
WTH are you doing in Lehigh?

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
Mike Thompson Racing Engines in naples has fuel. HE stocks it for his customers but I would believe he will sell it. Worth a call.
WTH are you doing in Lehigh?

I'm right on the fringe in a decent area. Five miles to work and 8 from the airport. Got this house because it came with a 2000 sqft insulated and air conditioned shop!

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
I meant from Colorado to Fla.
Work transfer or had enough of the cold?

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Work. New position with my company.

Mark Goulette

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Mark, used to get Renegade from Lake Wales. Can't any more. Mike Crosley was the guy here in Florida for it.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just bought a drum from Palmdale Oil Company. I bought a drum from their Tampa location but they have a Ft Myers location and deliver. they had a drum of 110+ in stock. had it delivered in a couple of days.

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post