DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster suspension styles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster suspension styles
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
It's been a while since this was discussed. What are the trends now in 4 link designs in dragsters? I see some tie the bottom bars together and run no roll bar or wishbone. Some have the shocks up top and some in the rear. Single vs double.
I'm running an old MW single shock design that uses the anti roll to suspend the car as well. Not my favorite design, but it has worked well since getting the converter and the shock valving correct. As I get a bit faster, I'm wondering how it will be.

What are your favorites?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
These pix are from when my car was brand new. Undercover dual shock swing arm. I believe they were using this configuration up until they closed up shop. It has worked really well for me from brackets to the switch to TD

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
XLink..two shocks hung off the back like old school hard to beat...would be my choice today..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
In any set up, the most optimum is for the shock piston to travel the same direction as the pivot point. Obviously, the longer the shock travel needed the less this can be, ie offroad buggies, stadium trucks etc. Drag cars don't need much travel. Set them up straight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
In any set up, the most optimum is for the shock piston to travel the same direction as the pivot point. Obviously, the longer the shock travel needed the less this can be, ie offroad buggies, stadium trucks etc. Drag cars don't need much travel. Set them up straight.

I'm not sure I understand your statement the way you wrote it. Usually the pivot point is stationary right? Are you referring to the ratio of axle movement to shock movement?

In the first picture, the sleeves that are on the four link bars...are those tacked on or free to move around the bar? If free, you could extend and shorten the bars at least I would think.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6356 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The X Link floats on the bottom bars so you can adjust them

Posts: 2401 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

I'm not sure I understand your statement the way you wrote it.

Then I probably can't help you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roger McGinnis,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post