DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    9" Fab - Gear Lube Amount?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9" Fab - Gear Lube Amount?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
9" Fab,about 40" in width. 2 or 3 quarts of Gear Lube?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
I run 2 in a stock style housing and 3 in a fab housing.

Mark Williams recommends 4 in a fab housing.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I have an Alston fab 9 in the truck and the directions say 2 qts.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Fill it up until it's full, whatever it doesn't push out the breather is your level.....

Laughing Hard

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Run at least 3qts.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2 1/2qts will make all of you guys feel correct. LOL! 1qt or less in a Comp Car. JMO.

Posts: 39 | Location: so. ca. | Registered: June 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Just to close out this thread, I went with 2 quarts as I measured what came out of it and it was right at 2 quarts and looked good without any wear metal that I could detect. Decided on Valvoline Synthetic 75-140 as the replacement lube.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post