Find
Notify
Tools

Carb lead time
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bludog331
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify and for an update. I ordered mine from GetM and it will be here this weekend. Really excited to try it out. I've heard nothing but good things about these.

Looking for a good used 177 Weiand for a SBC

Posts: 24 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
And to clarify because one of my post must have sounded like I ordered from Get'm garage. Mine was not ordered through them. Just a carb kit another builder is doing and sounds like I screwed up not going through them

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
What size did you order? I can build them as well, they are about 30 miles from my door to get parts from. Try to get your funds back...

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
4500 alcohol carb. He said 1200 cfm. It's for a 421 sbc.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mark,

You have a PM.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Think I know who you ordered it from...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I'm not throwing his name out as he seems like he knows his stuff and a lot of people like his carbs. Maybe he's that busy but I don't like excuses as to why I've not got it

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by supercomper:
All orders placed at Get’M Garage are usually fulfilled within a two weeks period.

Tony Morris
Get’M Garage
Carburetor Dept Manager

I gotta say, that is some really nice looking stuff on their website.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of Scott Smith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
nowhere did I say sacrifice quality, hiring someone qualified is the only hiring I'd be doing. what if they had only 1 person, then is hiring another qualified person a stretch to make it 2 qualified people.... NOPE. My opinion is, I'm fine with whatever as long as theres communication. like hey we ordered your main body and we didn't like it so we sent it back so its going to take longer. I don't like having someone tell me 3 weeks then I have to call them at week 6 and ask, and they have no answers. bad business IMO. quality is another ordeal that I didn't mention. Wink

Totally disagree with this.
Hiring qualified employees in speciality markets are like unicorns.
And if you happen to find that unicorn they will master your trade and be competing against you in 3 years.

Posts: 7021 | Location: Montgomery Al. USA | Registered: October 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Smith:
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
nowhere did I say sacrifice quality, hiring someone qualified is the only hiring I'd be doing. what if they had only 1 person, then is hiring another qualified person a stretch to make it 2 qualified people.... NOPE. My opinion is, I'm fine with whatever as long as theres communication. like hey we ordered your main body and we didn't like it so we sent it back so its going to take longer. I don't like having someone tell me 3 weeks then I have to call them at week 6 and ask, and they have no answers. bad business IMO. quality is another ordeal that I didn't mention. Wink

Totally disagree with this.
Hiring qualified employees in speciality markets are like unicorns.
And if you happen to find that unicorn they will master your trade and be competing against you in 3 years.

So true.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
Ken Jones built me a 1250 alcohol carb that took him 11 weeks to do for me! I put in on my car, and it slowed down my car over two tenths and over three mph over my Rupert 1050 Frown Also used two gals of fuel per pass! Called him up about it,he said no need to send it back,i can tell you how to fix it.Also he said i have to pay him using Paypal friends,that cost me an extra $48.00 user fee!! I ended up sending it off to another builder on this site to fix all his problems up! Never again for me Ken Jones. Mad

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 57 Vette,

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Tomorrow makes 10 weeks I’ve been waiting on one

10 weeks wtf you need to find a better carb builder

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would say two weeks but if he told you 3 weeks and you were okay with that then fine. Still for him to be that far over due is unacceptable.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bo Laws! I think they do it on purpose,,,, They tell ya three weeks and you get it in two weeks.

What's the advantage of a twin blade over a plain Jane Bo Laws 4500? Are they more user friendly? Once the plain Jane is tweaked in I can't imagine anything being better? Anyone know? What's the low down?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
It’s a few pounds lighter
I looked at them at PRI last year very impressive.
Some heads up classes get a weight break for a 4150 base plate carb.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah right on thanks diceman. They do look trick. I kinda figured there was an added useability aspect. Looks like you can change the boosters and metering blocks for different fuels as well.

Hopefully the OP gets the carb in his hands soon so we can hear a little about it's performance.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I never received the TRC CARB. All I got was excuses and had to have the credit union file charges on his account to finally get my money back. After all this you can google Craig Serra and see he’s been arrested for fraud a few times. DO NOT ORDER A CARB FROM THIS SCUM BAG. However I did get a twin blade from Get’m garage and it’s the smoothest best sounding carb I’ve owned. Fuel pump or regulator issues I’d had with 3 different carbs on the car I decided to go injection from Ron’s and fixed the issues I was having.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Just curious. Is PMRD the main manufacturer of the twin blade under the patent owner of Mike laws from BLP?. Always wondered who's design was it to
create a .850 block with a change on the main well tube.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good god! you need 1200 cfm for a 421 SBC?

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLR:
quote:

Good god! you need 1200 cfm for a 421 SBC?

Absolutely. From my experience if you have enough stall converter and rear gear it is hard to get too big of a Carb. I did a bunch of carb testing years ago and every time I went bigger it went faster. But I believe the key is that you must have plenty of stall and gear so it does not lug motor. My opinion from my experience.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post