Find
Notify
Tools

Carb lead time
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted
What would you call acceptable for lead time on a new carb ? 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks or more

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
From scoggins and ****ey , not very long

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1391 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The last APD I bought was here in about 1 week.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
Special order 4 or 5 days

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1391 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow makes 10 weeks I’ve been waiting on one

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of jay giles
posted Hide Post
Pro systems....4-5 days.

Posts: 36 | Location: rougemont,nc | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Depends on how busy they are. If they are busy they must be doing something right... And probably worth the wait.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
APD few days. Wont ever need anything else or need to wait.

Or you could just blame it on TRUMP!

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1434 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:
Depends on how busy they are. If they are busy they must be doing something right... And probably worth the wait.

I don't know that I agree with this. 10 weeks is unacceptable for this type of product in about every instance. If a company is more than 10 weeks out on this type of product, then they probably should either turn away work that bogs them down, or improve their process to increase capacity and lower lead times. Or they can just let everyone know when they order that they have about a 3 month lead time. And the order quantity will probably fix itself at that point.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6374 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by jmarkaudio:

I don't know that I agree with this. 10 weeks is unacceptable for this type of product in about every instance. If a company is more than 10 weeks out on this type of product, then they probably should either turn away work that bogs them down, or improve their process to increase capacity and lower lead times. Or they can just let everyone know when they order that they have about a 3 month lead time. And the order quantity will probably fix itself at that point.

It all depends on who you are using, there is no right answer here to this question! A larger shop with your typical off the self models shouldn't be too long at all if any, but your smaller or even one man shows, then get in line and it is what it is!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
2 weeks max. I don't see how a builder could take longer unless it was holiday season. Bucky is right, if they are 10 weeks out then they need to hire more people, stock more product but cmon, 10 weeks! cars are made in less....

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
2 weeks max. I don't see how a builder could take longer unless it was holiday season. Bucky is right, if they are 10 weeks out then they need to hire more people, stock more product but cmon, 10 weeks! cars are made in less....

10 weeks may be a bit much but the "hire more people" idea is how a bunch of junk gets shipped out the door. A bunch of companies in the racing industry were great when they were small but hit or miss now that they are larger. I'd rather wait and get something good than get a POS in a couple weeks.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLIND MULE 2217:
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:

10 weeks may be a bit much but the "hire more people" idea is how a bunch of junk gets shipped out the door. A bunch of companies in the racing industry were great when they were small but hit or miss now that they are larger. I'd rather wait and get something good than get a POS in a couple weeks.

That's kinda where training comes in. If every company limited itself to one person, it wouldn't be very efficient. I'm not in favor of hiring temps for every little rush. But 10 weeks isn't a little rush IMO.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6374 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bludog331
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
It's not coming from Get'm garage. I emailed them yesterday and they said no more than 2 weeks to get one. This is another builder using there carb kit.

Well,that's good news for me I guess. Really hate to hear you're having to wait so long for yours. I'd be aggrevated too. 10 weeks is rediculous for a carb. You putting it on the Nova or the dragster?

Looking for a good used 177 Weiand for a SBC

Posts: 24 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For all the Monday morning QB's out there...

It's easy to type away on your key board but the simple answer to the smaller Co's and one man deals is this, that's the only way they can control the quality they choose to maintain! and therefore by choice, stay small on purpose. If you don't like their wait time, then buy one from a larger Co. There are pros and cons to both!
And with regards to anyone getting a time estimate of 3 weeks moving out to 10, well that sucks no matter what, but in this case you got a middle man so that just tosses in another variable of who's BSing who!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
nowhere did I say sacrifice quality, hiring someone qualified is the only hiring I'd be doing. what if they had only 1 person, then is hiring another qualified person a stretch to make it 2 qualified people.... NOPE. My opinion is, I'm fine with whatever as long as theres communication. like hey we ordered your main body and we didn't like it so we sent it back so its going to take longer. I don't like having someone tell me 3 weeks then I have to call them at week 6 and ask, and they have no answers. bad business IMO. quality is another ordeal that I didn't mention. Wink

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Going on the Nova. Sold the dragster and planning on sticking with one car for a while.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bludog331:
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
This is a twin blade carb (Get'm garage kit) that he's buying and putting together. I wouldn't be upset if he'd said 10-12 weeks and I ordered but was told 3 weeks. Now he has my money and I'm stuck without a carb. Really starting to aggregate me waiting this long. 2 weeks ago I was told last week and still nothing.

Not the news I wanted to hear Chris! I ordered mine two weeks ago and was hoping it would be here this week. Looks like I may be waiting a while. Super Angry

Hey Tony Morris here, I’ve sent you a PM

Tony Morris
Get’M Garage Former Carb Shop Manager

This message has been edited. Last edited by: supercomper,

TMC Carburetors
Twin Blade Carburetors
4 Barel Carburetors

Posts: 6 | Location: winter garden | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bludog331
posted Hide Post
Replied to your PM. I've taken my earlier post down. Details are in your PM.

Posts: 24 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All orders placed at Get’M Garage are usually fulfilled within a two weeks period.

Tony Morris
Get’M Garage
Former Carburetor Dept Manager

This message has been edited. Last edited by: supercomper,

TMC Carburetors
Twin Blade Carburetors
4 Barel Carburetors

Posts: 6 | Location: winter garden | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post