DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Rear tires (Door car)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear tires (Door car)
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted
Anyone running M/T 16” tires on a low 6 second 1/8 mile door car (3000 lb) ? What part number are you running and how do they work in the cold and heat. Back halved my car over the winter and bought 16X16 wheels so kinda limited on tires I can run. Started out with Hoosier 33X17X16 and not liking how it’s worked so far with them. I know the tires for the 16” wheel are overkill but it’s what I have

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
M/T 3182 looks pretty good for your ride.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I went with the 3182. M/T tried to get me to go with the 3183 or the 3190 bubba. 90 and 82 are the same compound. M/T says there doing away with the 3182 but I found a set only 4 mo old and got them.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you race on a diamond cut, smooth as glass, fly paper prep super track surface like Orlando, Bradenton or SGMP I'd say the 83 might be better. If your racing on more of an average surface the 82 might be a little more forgiving for bracket racing. Either may work, but ultimately you just need the the car to get up on the tire (asap) the same to be consistent. It's easier with a small tire so if you're not happy initially, try loosening the rebound and tightening compression. You might think about doing that just going from a small to big tire. Good luck.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post