DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Converter repair time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converter repair time
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
7 weeks and counting.

Posts: 35 | Location: midwest | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep, Calvin has always taken care of us. Oh wait, their stuff is so good I don't have to send it in. LOL

I will say this, I have two of their converters and as far as I can tell they are identical. I have a couple of other spares but it is actually nice to have two that are the same, just in case!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
TCI ? Neva heard of her ......

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I bet TCI lost the OPs converter

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nope-got it back only took 40 days to turn it around-found ticket from 2014 that was8 days so...

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
sent mine back to ABRUZZI for a stall change .. got it back in 6 days .. and it was dead nuts what I was shooting for as usual ...thanks again Marco.. any shop can work on your converter , few take care of the customer ...

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Nope-got it back only took 40 days to turn it around-found ticket from 2014 that was8 days so...

40 days is way to long IMO but you got it back so that's a good thing, hope whatever changes you wanted made were done correctly.

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
When you order a new drag car convertor, does the convertor company tell you what you should be using based on hp and car weight, or do you tell them how you want it (flash rpm) based on previous experience with car combination?

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been usin that custom built steel stator converter for many years was designed by my old friend Steve Oldani some on here might remember him as 'Trans Man" its a 21 fin hand made steel stator unit 2nd to none in torque multiplication and finishline drivability no other unit has come close for my engine combo

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
8 weeks and counting.

Posts: 35 | Location: midwest | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
sent mine back to ABRUZZI for a stall change .. got it back in 6 days .. and it was dead nuts what I was shooting for as usual ...thanks again Marco.. any shop can work on your converter , few take care of the customer ...

He really is the best. Talks to Joe bracket racer just like he talks to Mr big bucks pro mod guys. Always a CLASS ACT! AND EXCELLENT at what he does.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mack:
8 weeks and counting.

They lost it

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
[QUOTE.

He really is the best. Talks to Joe bracket racer just like he talks to Mr big bucks pro mod guys. Always a CLASS ACT! AND EXCELLENT at what he does.[/QUOTE]

have pitted next to Marco at several divisionals over the years ..and had some good T/D battles ...he is a class act... he and his wife and kids are very polite and outgoing people... the world needs more people like them .. the fact that his transmissions and converters are awesome is just an added benefit ...

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well Big Steve there were no changes- was looking for reason car slowed-wasnt in converter had other issue a modification I had made and when reversed car went back to previous E.T. All converter got was new bearings waste of time/money but will never send it to them again!

DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
I took mine to Lee Ream at C2 Competition in Ephrata Pa. and picked it up the next week. Made a combo change and needed the converter changed to match!

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post