DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    VP C12 vs. VP Blue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP C12 vs. VP Blue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I've been told that VP Blue has the same characteristics as C12 but is died a different color. That's the only difference. The C12 is just a spec fuel that was designed to pass fuel checks.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm seeing about $140 difference in cost for a barrel.

Thanks

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
That is what I was told by my fuel supplier also.

Posts: 133 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The only two differences I ever found between VP C12 and Sunoco Supreme was the fuel color and the cost. I switched back and forth several times and never found any performance advantage with the VP. The only reason for using VP was when I absolutely could not find a Sunoco supplier.

Bob

Posts: 3061 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sc3171 I used to run c12 and switched to VP blue runs the same. But I asked VP first and they said same just not spec for NHRA.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
been trying to research the difference. not finding a lot on vp blue?? they don’t have it on their website even. can anyone tell me where to look to find info?

Posts: 17 | Location: palm harbor fl | Registered: October 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
E-man. They had it at my local track. So I just called VP and they gave me the info. I have ran it for several years now. It has always been consistent from drum to drum.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
C-12 and Sunoco blue are not the same, even if your engine sees no difference with testing them both. C14 and Sunoco Blue (Blue Supreme) are almost identical when tested on the track and on the dyno.

If your engine happens to have cranking compression readings that are considered lower, then by testing the two as mentioned (c12 vs. Sunoco Blue) will not show for any results positive or negative, and when the DA is up as well, you might not see results either, even if the cranking compression is in the ball park. It's not uncommon that many applications run with the intake opening and closing events to be incorrect for the size of the pump and static compression, yielding that engine with lower than what should be for cranking compression.

P.S. It's also not uncommon to tune around the wrong fuel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Strange Magic,

strangemagicperformance.com
oldsperformanceproducts.com

WD dealer for just about all your performance needs.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Suffern, NY | Registered: November 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The OP was asking about VP C12 vs VP Blue.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post