DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    electric die grinders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

electric die grinders
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Just killed my dewalt die grinder and have to get replacement,if cost to rebuild too much.

Wondering what you guys might have other than dewalt . Get pretty heavy use so buying junk is just throwing money in trash.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I trust you checked the brushes?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a Metabo (German) and a Black&Decker that have lived a long hard used life. Yes check the brushes.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
metabo is what i bought the guys at work

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1414 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Had a Milwaukee forever but I think the shaft is bent. We would buy the Sears from their rebuild place for cheap. They worked great especially if you use an RPM controller.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of can'thitthetree
posted Hide Post
Makita here

Posts: 28 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by can'thitthetree:
Makita here

x2

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
B&D's work well and have an on off paddle which is better than an on off switch!

All need a speed controller!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Makita here

X3 Had it for years and years

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
quote:
Makita here

X3 Had it for years and years

X4

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
The old GEO Japan made Makita's are the best out there IMO. Makita just reintroduced the GEO with ones made in China. I bought two, they lasted 2 months. I've had Japan and Brazil made GEO's for 10 years going strong. I have 5 going almost every day.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post