DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    NOS Big Shot plate VS Speedtech Diffuser plate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOS Big Shot plate VS Speedtech Diffuser plate
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted
What plate would you chose and why? This will be used as a secondary kit over the fogger if that has any input.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Looks like I might have to head over to the bullet. HMMMM

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like the speed tech stuff but I did not care for the lock nut on the bottom of the diffuser plate. I have the speed tech fogger system and went with the nos plates for the third stage on the 572. My 632 is all nos. I would look at other systems like edlebrock, zex etc also. One other thing is mult systems draw some amps and run voltage down if you don't run an alt.
I would go with the system that you are able to get replacement parts the easiest and quickest.

I hoping to get out and play in the sandbox next year. Work got in the way of playing the last couple of years.

Robert

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 790G T/D,

Posts: 411 | Location: Highland,Ca | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Neither, this one is allot more efficient and less work

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^ lol.

Posts: 411 | Location: Highland,Ca | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Neither, this one is allot more efficient and less work

Oh Steve Dancing Cat

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if they even work but those plates from Nitrous Outlet look awesome!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Try one Vern and than get back to me,lol.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Check out Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions. He is the Nitrous Forum Sponsor on the Bullet.

He did my direct port system, does awesome work.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Check out Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions. He is the Nitrous Forum Sponsor on the Bullet.

Steve pretty much said to ditch to plate and add a second fogger for what i am trying to do.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:

Steve pretty much said to ditch to plate and add a second fogger for what i am trying to do.

Well, if he said to do a 2 stage Direct Port, I would follow his advice.

With EFI I can easily have two stages with a normal nozzle. When I had him do mine we simply used a single stainless nozzle.

I already had a Big Shot plate so the "fuel" side was setup with a .047N jet (about 100hp) and the "nos" side had a .063N jet in it (about 150hp).

I could run all three stages at the same time, or pick and chose what I needed.

With EFI controlling the systems it was very simple.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post