New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crank Repair
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a Callies Magnum Crank that needs turned and recoated. I've heard good things about ShaftTech and Mile High Cranks. Which should get my business and why?

Posts: 418 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Dave at Mile high is the best in the biz. You won't be disappointed. Your crank will look brand new when you get it back.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ What he said

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
Dave at Mile High gets all of my work. But then, I have kin near Denver and can drop off and pick up during our visits. He's actually going to get a COLA that needs a turn sometime just after Christmas.

Our local top-shelf performance engine shop uses ShaftTech and swears by 'em.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Mile High, Marine Crank.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with Mile High but Nick at Shaftech repaired 2 Callie's Magnum cranks for me and they looked like new when I got them back. I have 275 runs on one of them now with no issues.

Posts: 1 | Location: Division 1 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Marine in Los Angeles does an amazing job and is who most engine shops in California use

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I also had a very good experience with mile high. Very nice work, reasonable turn around, reasonable price and very nice to deal with on the phone.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post