Find
Notify
Tools

ngk B9ES plugs
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I have been trying to find some for sale. Not ton of luck. Finding BP9ES. While on subject anyone know if any real difference,has to be something. Anyone finding the 9's and any deals on them. Looking to gat 48 to 96 plugs since still tuning on system and hell changing them ius just what I have always done.LOL

Agian anyone carry B9ES plugs and if know of better price.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't need BR9ES?
What ignition do you have?

In any event there's lots of either on Ebay and Amazon

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have 8 B9es in stock .But R5671A-9 should work just a 5/8 socket instead of 13/16.

Checkered Flag Machine and Ceralli Competition Engines
checkeredflagmachine.net/
Racing engines and induction development

Posts: 110 | Location: Paterson N.J. | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And using the 5/8" is never a downside.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rock Auto appears to have them in stock for $1.75. I get all my plugs from there.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
Rock Auto appears to have them in stock for $1.75. I get all my plugs from there.

Yep, get all my plugs from here. They have them when everybody else doesn't too....and not the fake ones either

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are showing $3.19 for plugs on mine?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

They are showing $3.19 for plugs on mine?

There are multiple part numbers in the posts above
BP9ES is 1.75
BR9ES is 1.74
And the B9ES doesn't come up at rock Auto. Not actually sure what he's looking for.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In the NAPA world they are a 2611 stock # but showing superseded to a BR9ES stock # 5722, might call around with the 2611 number and see what you find at NAPA, I can only get about 8 or I would get them and just ship to ya.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I just looked on RockAuto and the NGK R 5671A-9 (NGK5238) are showing 3.19 each.
I like the 5/8 wrench size better as well, more clearance.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NGK shows B9ES as discontinued & recommends BR9ES as a replacement.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2499 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
NGK has very knowledgeable and helpful tech support on the phone.
I needed some help with the crossover for my newest AFR heads.

I used to know all the AC and Champion numbers for anything you'd want to run, but that was a long time ago now.
Been running the NGK stuff since about 2001 or so when Champion QC went to hell, and AC stuff started getting harder to find.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1607 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

It is if your vc/plug tool is 13/16 and your T hadle torque wrench for plugs is also. Yea Not same for chevy guys.LOL

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea local NApa has none and can not get. Not sure how the R deal would work with my mags. Hell guys you should know I never have same stuff.LMAO I have Found plenty BR and BP suff just not plain old B9ES that I have been running for 30 years.

Think rock auto showed 12 bpe9es at 1.75 but would like to get 4 or 5 sets to make shipping cost better proportionate to parts money wise instead of 45%.

Might give them a call this week. Going to give some 20's a try. But would like a cpl sets of 9"s to compare against.

Thanks for replies.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

It is if your vc/plug tool is 13/16 and your T hadle torque wrench for plugs is also. Yea Not same for chevy guys.LOL

Weld a 5/8 deep socket on the end, I think you know a guy who can weld Big Grin

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea but screwing up a 170 torque wrench? the vc, plug piece I can fix. I have no issue installing plugs w/o fing up head, bt when help does not always pay attention. I have two timecert in head now, fortunately when went to single plus they are now just plugged hole. Can not read plugs once you install them.

I might have to sacrifice one TQ wrench but rather not. No 170 bucks not huge in big picture of racing, still hell of waste.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Can you make an adapter that fits in there?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post