posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro77:
current weights before adjusting anything

LF 639 RF 528
LR 735 RR 656

this is with driver

total 2558

Ed is correct you got work to do for sure..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
What rpm did the engine make peak power at, what rpm are you shifting at and what rpm are you turning at the stripe?

launch at 4400
shift at 7400
dyno sheet is showing peak @ 7400
with the 4.57 gear it was 8000 at strip

with the 4.10 gear its at 7100-7200 at strip

First off if it is not spinning, unloading rear tires and it is going straight I would not expect much if any improvement by moving four link around. Is it spinning or anything like that? What does video show?

If your peak power is @ 7400 RPM then you need to try shifting about 200 RPM Higher than that. Often it will pick up ET by not dropping out of main power band as much at the shift.

Which brings us to what may be the biggest problem- Converter. Assuming that you are not spinning etc at the hit the converter is probably where I would start and HUGHES is who I would call. If you have a good dyno sheet and know what car weighs, gear ratio and all of that information they are very good at getting it right on the money.

Now with all converter companies if you do not know what the power and torque is, weight etc it is garbage in garbage out and everyone will have a hard time getting it right.

As for scaling the car I like to get car working good then scale the car and have that as the baseline. More or less let car tell me what it needs. Get it launching nice and pretty and straight first. If I scale the car first I am really just looking for anything out of line.

Did you read the original post the car is going left......

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What rpm did the engine make peak power at, what rpm are you shifting at and what rpm are you turning at the stripe?

launch at 4400
shift at 7400

Kind or surprised it goes left with those rear weights. My car likes to be equal to 20lbs heavy on the rear. But that would make your issue way worse. Have you checked to make sure the rear is square in the car?

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Instead of "you got work to do" or someone agreeing to that.

How about going to going Tim McAmis Performance Parts. Wink

https://dragrace.academy/

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
quote:

launch at 4400
shift at 7400

First off if it is not spinning, unloading rear tires and it is going straight I would not expect much if any improvement by moving four link around. Is it spinning or anything like that? What does video show?

If your peak power is @ 7400 RPM then you need to try shifting about 200 RPM Higher than that. Often it will pick up ET by not dropping out of main power band as much at the shift.

Which brings us to what may be the biggest problem- Converter. Assuming that you are not spinning etc at the hit the converter is probably where I would start and HUGHES is who I would call. If you have a good dyno sheet and know what car weighs, gear ratio and all of that information they are very good at getting it right on the money.

Now with all converter companies if you do not know what the power and torque is, weight etc it is garbage in garbage out and everyone will have a hard time getting it right.

As for scaling the car I like to get car working good then scale the car and have that as the baseline. More or less let car tell me what it needs. Get it launching nice and pretty and straight first. If I scale the car first I am really just looking for anything out of line.

Did you read the original post the car is going left......

I did not even see it turning left. My bad. Saw it was lazy 60 foot and did not even see about it turning left.

Okay, then what I would do is start by making sure rear end is centered and straight in the chassis. 1/4 inch out of line in the rear makes a difference there.
With those corner weights I would expect it to go to the right so I would really look closely for something out of alignment in the rear. Then start checking for broken shock, sticky rod end or broken weld some where. Check anti roll bar for binding.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post