DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2015 3500 Service trailer brake system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 3500 Service trailer brake system
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Got a new warning on the dash to service trailer brake system. Odd thing I have not towed with brake system in over 2 yrs. Can anyone give me a clue as to what needs serviced or checked. Also, is this a GM problem with the trailer brake system since it is now incorporated into truck.

Posts: 74 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its built into the truck, You can scan it for a code if you or someone you know has a good scaner.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I have a 2015, 1500, 6.2 with max tow package. Mine did this and dealer replaced the controller. Mine happened around 70k. Not sure what actually went wrong, but has been fine ever since. Now at 130k

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
Before doing anything rash... try one thing. Clean the connection on the trailer 7 way plug and recp, add dielectric grease to the connections too. Then I would look at all trailer wiring on the truck. The newer trucks are notorious for detecting bad wiring connections. Like where they spliced the trailer harness tucked under the bed. Bad splices are a nightmare on the new computer systems on newer trucks.Then check your trailer wiring. If easier hook up to a known good trailer and see if it goes away.

Good Luck

Chuck
PAE

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pineapple for saving me some bucks. Took his advice and cleaned all the electrical connections under the "spare" that work the trailer brake system. Hard to believe how much crap they pick up. Been 1200 miles and 2 weeks now with no more dash warnings. This again is why this site is so helpful.

Posts: 74 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post