DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bracket Racing with Turbo Charger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bracket Racing with Turbo Charger
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Wow! Thats a great gain for only 4 lbs

That’s what I thought!! My other car was the same way. Biggest gains at very moderate boost. I think we could get my sons to 5.0’s without much effort or concern. By far the most economical way to go 5.0’s I have come across. Hydraulic roller cam. It’s like starting up the tow vehicle

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

That’s what I thought!! My other car was the same way. Biggest gains at very moderate boost. I think we could get my sons to 5.0’s without much effort or concern. By far the most economical way to go 5.0’s I have come across. Hydraulic roller cam. It’s like starting up the tow vehicle

How is the consistency?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is the consistency?

Last weekend it ranged from 5.36 to 5.38
It was 33 degrees in the morning so I didn’t think that was too bad considering the cold track
Honestly the 8 was probably because we pulled the fronts out of the beams. We fixed that

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is the consistency?

It was 33 degrees in the morning so I didn’t think that was too bad considering the cold track
Honestly the 8 was probably because we pulled the fronts out of the beams. We fixed that

Sounds like its something to work with to me!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

How did you fix it, shock adjustment?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2505 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Those shocks need rebuilt. We lowered the two step just a smidge and added a lead puck the size of my hand. It made an enormous difference. My other car we have the batteries in the nose. So we don’t generally face this.
Car is pretty new to us. S&w. Turbo for a couple weeks. Driver new to big cars this year. Did a local 777 race on the weekend. Couldn’t race Friday as driver had afternoon class. The wheels up bit us Saturday. And got beat against a .006 package one round and our driver had a .003 took .010 on the next….and last that one on a double breakout Sunday. Geeze! Lol
Driver snd car showed a lot of promise with mostly .00x lights. It was much better than I anticipated.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Those shocks need rebuilt. We lowered the two step just a smidge and added a lead puck the size of my hand. It made an enormous difference. My other car we have the batteries in the nose. So we don’t generally face this.
Car is pretty new to us. S&w. Turbo for a couple weeks. Driver new to big cars this year. Did a local 777 race on the weekend. Couldn’t race Friday as driver had afternoon class. The wheels up bit us Saturday. And got beat against a .006 package one round and our driver had a .003 took .010 on the next….and last that one on a double breakout Sunday. Geeze! Lol
Driver snd car showed a lot of promise with mostly .00x lights. It was much better than I anticipated.

Sounds like you're going to have a good wheel man after you get the bugs worked out!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks HT!

I see D7 points have twin turbo LS combos in 2nd and 4th right now in Top Dragster. Dan Naylor is the defending champion in his TT LS

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone ever successfully bracket raced with a turbo charger or twin turbos? Why haven't they taken off as a power adder in top sportsman/dragster like pro chargers have?

Is it possible to stage at low boost, to keep EGT and jumping into the beams down?

Is it possible to utilize a boost controller to consistently run the same ET?

Seems like if a guy could get this figured out, the turbo would far out perform the pro charger; since you can get the boost up and maintain it with exhaust flow vs Crank RPM.

Nice thread!

I have always wanted something forced inducted & after researching the traditional blowers (roots), turbos & centrifugal supercharger. I decided on the later; I think it was the best & simplest way to go for bracket racing. Still have a long way to go, but it's showing signs that I made the right decision.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2505 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post