DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Beware of a certain email..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware of a certain email..
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted
Like i received.

Received an email requiring updated information to be sent for verification back to your state DOT. license and or DOT #.

Contact your DOT office for verification (Fraud Dept)

IP trace comes back to IP 157.205.202.216

Asia Pacific Network Region

The page you may receive looks legit.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Well darn, here I go thinking them guys is just being proactive and honest!!! Laughing Hard

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I get emails and even calls from Banks saying they are doing a fraud check and and want me to sign in and verify my account. Those are scammers trying to get your information. I have got some that look like they are from Wells Fargo, Bank of America etc. and the link on web page looks the same. It is not it is a scam.

I have got similar stuff from some saying they are from Social Security or the IRS. Scams.

They are as irritating as the calls for your cars extended warranty and Government can not do anything about it. Greatest Country in the World and they can not stop Robo Calls and email scammers.

But I did find out a Nigerian Princess is dying of Cancer and wants to leave her millions with me. Because she found my email address somewhere on the internet and it looks like a good person. Lol

Seriously best thing I know is to not even respond to them to let them know it is a live email.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I am getting more and more text message scams then email scams lately and its getting really irritating.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I did a IP trace, comes back to
takanori-Shibata@AA-Sun.com (Asia) DOT offices in ASIA... LMAO

The pisser of the situation is last month we got a certified letter stating all the wife's medical records were breached in Sept 2020. AND YOUR TELLING ME NOW. And the 3 only offer a 1 year lock.

WITH...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Had IRS contact me about fruad using my social. Then asked me to verify my social. I told him to well pleasure himself.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post