DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Torque Converter Identify
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torque Converter Identify
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I am going through my converters and trying to identify them. I came across one that has 06WAT stamped on it and an “S” on the other side. I would guess the S stands for steel stator. Anyone recognize these markings? Thanks

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have one from Abruzzi with the same markings on it in my red dragster...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. That’s it I bought an Abruzzi before so bingo your awesome. Could you tell me stall to hp Thanks

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know built specific but a general idea might help me figure out if I need to send it in or try it out first. Going to be 6 hour drive to track for first time out this year and not as gung-ho about changing converters at track

Jeff McClure

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You have lots of money Jeff just order new one !!!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Odessa,Texas | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HaHa. My money jingles yours folds.

Jeff McClure

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Depends on power level...give Marco a call and he can make that one what ya want possibly...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks will do I just didn’t remember what this one stalled. I bought it years ago. I would hate to send it in and it be where I needed it. Guess I don’t need to be a lazy ass and try it and change it at track then send it off. I appreciate you helping me identify this one.

Jeff McClure

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am at 6900 with mid 1200 hp, 598 with small blower.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yep Torqin is right, need a motor with HP and torque when the 06WAT is bolted in place. Worked great behind a Sunset 598 12 degree at the 2011 Million for me!

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks that tells me what I need to know. J R I appreciate your time and reply.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sugar Shane I appreciate the reply. Good Luck to everyone on their upcoming Season !!!

Jeff McClure