Bracket Talk
Moroso Vacuum Pump Mounting SBC

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/3447038286

April 02, 2019, 08:15 AM
Bucky
Moroso Vacuum Pump Mounting SBC
I have the typical high mount on the driver's side on the head. The problem I run into is there is very little clearance between the water pump and the belt. And I would like to go with a bit larger crank pulley. but then there is interference with the belt.

Is there a sbc mount that puts it a bit lower than the typical one I have? I do have my alternator mounted low on the driver's side. So I can't get carried away.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 02, 2019, 09:25 AM
green1
Can you mount it low on passenger side? I have big block but just got done mounting pump on passenger side and alternator on drivers side both down low.
April 02, 2019, 11:19 AM
Bucky
No fuel pump and wheel pickup is there.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 02, 2019, 11:31 AM
Bucky
I used to have it spaced out enough that the belt was past the end of the water pump. I wasn't sure I liked it hanging out that far, but I may go back to it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 02, 2019, 12:41 PM
NC3x58
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Can you mount it low on passenger side? I have big block but just got done mounting pump on passenger side and alternator on drivers side both down low.

Happen to have any pictures of the vacuum pump down low?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3
April 02, 2019, 01:35 PM
green1
Nick pm me your cell number and I will send you pic.
April 02, 2019, 03:35 PM
Mike Rietow
The two 3/8 threaded holes on Brodix T1 cylinder heads, come in handy.

April 03, 2019, 09:46 AM
Mike Rietow
There is an alternator underneath the pump you can't see as well. I was originally gonna grind everything concentric, weld the aluminum and powder coat,this was in essence the mock up. It came out so rigid once all altogether and snugged down. I called it good, left it go for another day. It would be a simple mounting kit to mass produce.
April 03, 2019, 10:25 AM
Bucky
I may be able to utilize my front motor plate to do something similar position wise. I like it. Thank you.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
April 03, 2019, 10:55 AM
Mike Rietow
Yes sir. You're welcome.