DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Adjusting Shiftnoid Electric shifter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting Shiftnoid Electric shifter
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Okay - figured I would try again to get this deal done right. I have followed the instructions that come with the kit and there's no way with the solenoid mounted to the forward holes on the bracket and pushed as far forward as it will go that moving the shifter to low gear is going to lock the solenoid in place. In fact I have a 1/4" space between the button on the plunger and the back of the stick. BTW this is installed on a B&M ProStick. Previously I tried moving the solenoid bracket forward and re-drilling the holes to match the ProStick. That would allow you to pull the shifter into low and lock the solenoid but even after release, the solenoid put some pressure on the shifter when you moved it into neutral.
Guess my next step is to call them but anyone have any other ideas?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I can't help you but I can tell you that when you call Contender Performance they will be very helpful. Just be sure to be ready with all info and a lot of questions from them.

Posts: 1453 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Thank you - that was my plan for today but I threw in the towel last night and got one like my dragster that isn't spring loaded. I really didn't like having that extra tension on the shifter and cable.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If it's a spring type you can usually adjust the nut in the back to shorten the throw if necessary.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Even adjusting the nut would never get it close - beats me what was going on but it's in the "used racing parts bin" now and I put on the SN5000FC hooked through a 40 amp relay to the Elite RPM box and it works great!! I'll never buy another one of those "lock and load" deals again.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z