DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Goodyear vs M/T?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear vs M/T?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
Heard Goodyear is testing a new tire to compete with the Bubba tires from M/T...can anyone confirm? Anyone know anyone testing the tires for Goodyear?

Hoosier clearly failed in all attempts so far...just an observation and no one is claiming the Hoosier is better so far.

At roughly $900.00 a pair I was looking for an alternative that will hold air without soaping and doesn't require a ton of weight to balance like all my Bubba's have required in the last 2 years?

Anyone have any info?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
If you can't "fix" your chassis adjustments to run a Hoosier without shaking you should just give New Jersey a call...…………. Falling of chair laughing

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
pm sent

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a new set for sale if you want to try them

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I just had to check the calendar for April Fools day !

But to answer your question, GY has been trying for years!! And not just a few either. They once had a very good tire over ten years ago, the 2032 was very good, only big issue was shake in the burnout. They certainly messed that tire up.

SO ya they got tires to try for you! And I'd bet they won't be on long enough to require soap either.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew Chief
Picture of RACER99O
posted Hide Post

Posts: 662 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. kinda | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 70.5camaro
posted Hide Post
I've heard there is a new "test" version of the 3111 Goodyear being ran right now, that are awesome.. But I can't figure out how to get my hands on a set

Posts: 15 | Location: SW OK | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 70.5camaro:
I've heard there is a new "test" version of the 3111 Goodyear being ran right now, that are awesome.. But I can't figure out how to get my hands on a set
I got a set with ONE PASS on them for CHEAP....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Goodyear lolol .... There are far better things to pizz $$ away on like retreads or recaps .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:

Was that a D2A compound/high growth?

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:

YES
Was that a D2A compound/high growth?

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post