DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    hard tail dragster front suspension, kit or plans, do it yourself..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hard tail dragster front suspension, kit or plans, do it yourself..
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The big problem I see is getting the travel without getting bump steer. I think the Miller mounts the rack low and the tie rods go up, looks like it would have a toe change but apparently they work.

No matter how many times you paint over a shadow it's still there.

Posts: 684 | Location: Galesburg Il. | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Tom Yancer Race cars has a suspended front dragster option.
TYRC is now DBA Next Gen Precision manufacturing. 480-961-3075

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don R:
The big problem I see is getting the travel without getting bump steer. I think the Miller mounts the rack low and the tie rods go up, looks like it would have a toe change but apparently they work.

I never thought of it, but those tie rods are very short.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
From experience with both the single shock front and the dual struts... we did the front struts that Miller is advertising now back in 2004/2005 on a 245" wheelbase car that also had rear swingarm suspension. This is not the type of suspension you want for a hardtail car with just front suspension. There really isn't much performance gain with them just a little help with smoothing the ride. For a hardtail car the performance gain you get from the single shock car on the starting line and in the shut down is the best way to go. It allows more travel and is better suited to help the stability in the shut down area.

I don't know if I have better photos or not.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info..

Posts: 18 | Location: gorham  | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post