Notify
Tools

Shocker Hitch
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Shocker Hitch video

Looking at a Super C motorhome with a 12,000 lb hitch
Considering this hitch to control tongue weight load spikes.

Anybody used this one or something similar.

Thanks

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That hitch does nothing for putting weight back on the steer axle of the MH. Reese dual cam and dont worry about it.

Stephen Liss jr

Posts: 329 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
That hitch does nothing for putting weight back on the steer axle of the MH. Reese dual cam and dont worry about it.

x2 imo you need the bars.mike some of these hitches add length towards rear ,that cant be a good thing

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nothing better than this...

https://www.equalizerhitch.com/how-equalizer-works

That is what I use on my 30ft TAG.

The only thing better is a Gooseneck/5th Wheel!

No comparison between the two types of trailers. But resale on a Goose is not so good since anyone can pull a TAG, including Motorhomes.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will take a closer look.

This motorhome is a Super C. A slightly smaller frame than the bigger motorcoaches like the Showhaulers, etc.

Weight and pushing down on the frame causing unstable steering should not be an issue.

This MH has the engine up front and a complete full length frame.

The equalizer is likely the overall best, but trying to keep it simple if possible.

This is a Freightliner S2RV chassis with the Cummins/Allison drive train. 22.5 in. wheels

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
The Equalizer Hitch took us about an hour to install and setup, not too bad.

But, you have to get a 3/4" drive breaker bar, or someone with a GOOD impact, to tighten the nut for the ball! I forget the size, it is pretty darn big and not a lot of room to work in. Read the reviews on that hitch on Etrailer.com. The size of that nut is mentioned in there. The other two large bolts are 1 1/8 or so. Again, make sure you have the tools you need when you go to do this, and level ground, with the trailer loaded and ready to go. Wasn't too bad to do except I did it at the track and did not have the large tools with me.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nothing better than this...

https://www.equalizerhitch.com/how-equalizer-works

Holy $H^t, Ed and I actually agree on something! Stop

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Keep all the weight off the coach, let the ABS brake system work like designed and simply pull the trailer not "carry it" with a Trailer Toad.
I have a brand new 5000SD sitting in the shop with 200 miles on it that was never hooked to a trailer. Towed it to a trailer show.
$3495.00 (save $500).
I also have a couple customers looking to sell their used Trailer Toads. Call and I will hook you up.

That said....the Equalizer 1400/14,000 WD hitch is the ONLY one we stock and sell. Strongest, simplest hitch I have seen in 12 years selling hitches. I would get a 25,000 lb ball though, just because.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Toad1

We have used a Toad before on our 30 FT gas motorhome, bought it in 2005, yes it worked.

This motorhome is a Freightliner S2RV chassis.

Total load should be approx. 8000 lbs.

Likely not needing a Toad.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Jok, the new Toad I bought works great, we went down to Texas last month and are leaving for Norwalk on Thursday. Can hardly tell that stacker is behind our motorhome.

Posts: 30 | Location: Alexander, Il | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post