DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    valve cover grommets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

valve cover grommets
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Are there any available that don't swell or fall apart like the normal parts store garbage does? I have to replace mine occasionally as the material gets soft and won't hold the breathers in anymore.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I bought the last ones from Summit, I think they were their brand. The thickness of the valve cover has to match the grommet, mine would split at the groove due to mismatch.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
The ones from Moroso have always done very well for me. Haven't used any since I switched to cast covers with bolt-on breathers when I added the Pan Evacs a few years ago, but we put some on my son's Chevelle about 2 years ago, and they are still holding the breathers firmly.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Must be your oil. ???
I've got B&B and Moroso baffled style grommets that have been good for literally 20 years....?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post