DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    LS with cathedral heads and alky carb..anyone doing that?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LS with cathedral heads and alky carb..anyone doing that?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Putting the new S10 together with LS 5.3. Not a max-effort project. Cam, PAC springs, CNC ported heads, Victor Jr intake. Just shooting for around 500HP but want alcohol so we can double in a couple brackets.

While I am on here, what elec fuel pump for this combination? I was thinking #10 line with #8 bypass or is that overkill on this horsepower.

Thanks.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I THINK IT WOULD WORK SMALL ENGINES SEEM TO LIKE ALKY I RAN 377 383 406 WITH MILD COMP AND CAM RAN 6:70S 74 NOVA 488 GEAR 32 TIRE BLACK HOLLEY PUMP DEAD HEAD 8 LINE IN TO JEGS REG 1 8 LINE OUT TO CARB NEVER ANY FUEL PROBLEMS

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I run dual flying toilets. I only use a #8 to the barrel valve with a #6 return. It supplies more than enough fuel.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Putting the new S10 together with LS 5.3. Not a max-effort project. Cam, PAC springs, CNC ported heads, Victor Jr intake. Just shooting for around 500HP but want alcohol so we can double in a couple brackets.

While I am on here, what elec fuel pump for this combination? I was thinking #10 line with #8 bypass or is that overkill on this horsepower.

Thanks.

I have a buddy with a cathedral port 6.0, stock heads with spring upgrade, stock bottom end and small cam, running alky carb. He has it in a tube chassis vega wagon running 6.50's footbraking.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post