DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Fuel Pressure Tester
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Pressure Tester
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
I'm curious to what Tester/Gauge set up everyone is using to test their fuel pressure. So far I have used a Russell Performance Non-Liquid filled gauge screwed directly into the fuel log and I have also used a gauge that I bought at the local part store (forget the brand). I'm not 100% convinced that those gauges gave me an accurate reading.

SBC, 750 APD Alcohol Carb, APD Belt Drive pump.

Thanks!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I've learned the hard way on this one. I use an Ashcroft gauge from industrial supply like McMaster Carr. Non-liquid filled. I have a few. I leave one on the car but do not put much faith in it because the vibration will bend the bourdon tube in just about any gauge. I keep two spares in the box and use them only to make adjustments and then put the old one back in. Two spares gives the ability to have a comparison if ever needed. I've even went to the trouble to make a manifold to compare gauges to a high accuracy tire gauge using air pressure. Trusting a gauge that's hanging on a vibrating race car is a gamble at best. If you start comparing gauges in this manner you might be surprised what you find. I've learned over years of manufacturing experience the best way to know if a gauge is wrong is to see if it's installed. If it's installed it's most likely wrong.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post