DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    34’ Trailer Configuration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

34’ Trailer Configuration
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Payton:
I have a friend that has a 32 with a lift and a golf cart. They back in the one and lift it, park the golf cart under the lifted car and nose in the other along side it. The golf cart needs a soft top that can collapse. At least thats why my friend does.

I think with a 34 you could get them both on the floor. it would have to be all the way against the from wall though. Id have to draw it up to be sure.

That was one way I had in my mind, wondering if it would work. That last dragster might not be easy to snuggle in and keep the rear tire from being too close to the wall.
Does the golf cart have a canopy?

edit sorry I see the canopy part now

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looking at a 34, but it has some nice cabinets in front straight across. Has double side door too. Might be a trick there.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
In the shop, lining the two cars up with front tire touching rear tires, I'm right at 25' of car room. And it will fit between the wheel wells if need be. I was surprised that it wasn't more than that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I need to back our cars together and see what kind of room they take up as well.

You could probably also have side cabinets and put the cart in the front next to the cabinets like this trailer: https://www.hgrstrailer.com/20...ng-trailer-uC3i.html

Looks like those cargo mates are very light in aluminum, this racing junk ad says 5475# for a 34. I bet my steel 28 weighs that much! https://www.racingjunk.com/Enc...-race-trailer.html#9

This steel 34’ cargo mate says it weighs 7764: https://www.fbtrailers.com/202...ng-trailer-IHLi.html

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That steel one is probably similar in weight I would think. It's always nice to be able to leave the golf cart out after loading the cars. That said, I have never had a trailer work out that way.
With the double side door, that gives me an option. Cart is right at 8' with footrest. May have to do a modification there. Not sure what inside dimensions are for trailers. I may be still shopping as he hasn't responded today. It's ok though because I swore I was done spending money in 2020. LOL. As the wife gets back from furniture shopping.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo