DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    34’ Trailer Configuration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

34’ Trailer Configuration
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
Getting ready to order 34’ Vintage with 12” of extra height to haul my wife’s dragster, my 67 camaro and a golf cart. I’ve seen a layout of having the cabinets against the roadside wall, backing the dragster up against the front wall and lifting the front as close as possible to the curb side wall. Pulling the golf car beside the dragster and up against the cabinets and then pulling the door car in. I’m looking for any other lay outs or suggestions of how people haul their similar set up. Please post pictures if possible so that i can use it as a reference when setting up my layout. Thanks!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Calling Ed in 3,2,1

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is my layout. 34' trailer. I have fuel and air compressor up front, I have a tool box on the left side in front of the cabinets. Its a puzzle but works. I also carry a x2 pit bikes a generator and sometimes extra fuel.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That looks like a winner for the layout.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Get a stacker, seems easier.

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel:
Get a stacker, seems easier.

The stackers gets heavy and expensive IMO. Always seem like a lot of head knockers from what I have seen. You can maybe pull a 34 with a 3/4 ton without a huge issue. Stacker? No way.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If I had the money I would have a stacker. Its like a puzzle. If one thing isnt right it wont fit.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob, how long is the dragster? Also, how far from the front wall to the back of the tool box?

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My new dragster is 243" and its a fuel drum away from the front wall.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all! We are ordering a 34’ Continental Cargo with 18” of extra height that is basically identical to the trailer that Bob posted. We just made a few changes that work for us. I’ll post pictures after the trailer is done.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new build. What trailer tires????

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I’m not sure which tires it comes with. Definitely 16” wheels though

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bob Payton, What are you putting under the dragster to keep it from bounding when suspended from the ceiling? Does the golf cart, dragster and nova fit at the same time? I must of missed you mentioning that.

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I built an extension I can sit on my floor bladder that rests on one of the cross members on the bottom of the dragster.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wondering how a 34' is behind a motorhome. Pusher 300 hp cat. Get into and out of gas stations ok? I have a 28' now and the only issue is vision...being able to see in the motorhome isn't the easiest.
Also, two dragsters generator golf cart. Do you even need to lift one?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My RV is a 38ft Tiffin bus. I have the 8.3 its 330hp. Most days it's fine. If its really windy it's a *****.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Wondering how a 34' is behind a motorhome. Pusher 300 hp cat. Get into and out of gas stations ok? I have a 28' now and the only issue is vision...being able to see in the motorhome isn't the easiest.
Also, two dragsters generator golf cart. Do you even need to lift one?

I had a 40’ with a 330 and 34’ trailer with 2 dragsters, zuma, golf cart and a barrel of fuel. You could tell the trailer was there but on flat ground and small hills it did pretty well.... only went to truck stops for sure

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lift needed or not for two dragsters and gold cart? Any cabinets involved?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Lift needed or not for two dragsters and gold cart? Any cabinets involved?

No lift, all on the floor. The only floor cabinets are on the fenders and across the front

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that has a 32 with a lift and a golf cart. They back in the one and lift it, park the golf cart under the lifted car and nose in the other along side it. The golf cart needs a soft top that can collapse. At least thats why my friend does.

I think with a 34 you could get them both on the floor. it would have to be all the way against the from wall though. Id have to draw it up to be sure.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com