DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Alternator pics needed for BBC w/ Motorplate.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternator pics needed for BBC w/ Motorplate.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking for some other ideas on using a alternator with my BBC using a motor plate, kinda short on room in front as for a mandrel.

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SS_Sean
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SS_Sean:
Jones Racing Products alt motor plate mount, a custom anchor point for a CSI waterpump and a home-made tensioning link... Simple stuff..

1978 Chevy Malibu
540, Rons Toilet, BTE PG, 25.5B/backhalf
8.89@150mph, 1.30 60'

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1320 Ed what year firebird is that????

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
2002 body

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Couldn't low mount it so I fabricated a mount and installed it backwards. Alternator belt is the first one on the mandrel.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Try going to the Powermaster web site. They have a large selection of nice alternator mounts with drawings and dimensions. I did not have much room on my Altered and they had a bracket that fit down on drivers side under my front motor plate. It is tight but was able to use their measurements and verify it would work before I bought it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Take a look at RPD website.....he makes some of the nicest brackets to mount anything to the front of a BBC......you won't be disappointed....Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed......

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
YESS

<DOTracer>
posted

Reply With QuoteReport This Post