New
Find
Notify
Tools

which M/T slick
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
thinking about switching out my hoosier 33.5x17x16 c06 compound to M/T but not sure if i want the 3182 or 3183 tire. have a 2600lb door car going 5 teens in the 1/8 with a 1.14 to 1.16 60ft. 1050hp motor on alky. just bracket racing

Posts: 23 | Location: Kentucky  | Registered: February 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
I just put a set of #3183 tires on on my Corvette.And they are just flat nasty. Since my Corvette is run on the stop the X8 compound is best. Your door car is best suited using the #3182 tire that is the harder compound X5 for a heavy car.

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
57 Don Davis Super Gas Corvette roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on Alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
When you do make the change please report back to us and let us know about it. What you like or do not like. I believe you will like the MT tires.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post