New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans shields?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I need new trans & flexplate shields. I figure I'll get new and then return the old for recert. Is it worth it or does everybody just toss them out? Do they even recert them??

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4440 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I toss them. Not worth the headache. Got old real quick constantly doing a strip and bench job for the case recert. For what little they weigh.
With the outrageous cost in freight Plus Who knows if your case will get damaged or LOST. I have the liner in it also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I need new trans & flexplate shields. I figure I'll get new and then return the old for recert. Is it worth it or does everybody just toss them out? Do they even recert them??

You can always donate them to the democrats. I bet they know some down on their luck trans folks that could use a sheild.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post