DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    dual carb TS help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dual carb TS help
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Rick Bailey
posted
Need some help here ..... wanting to super race a big block chev 632 with inline stop, two dominators. we're failing to get the set up we have to work consistently.

Would like to see some pics of a successful set up, linkage, ram, bell crank

Thanks ! clapping

Posts: 223 | Location: Illinois | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
This was the preliminary setup before getting the new QFX's.. You using the 1050's or the 1250's?
Center fabricated mount bolted to the center lower flange.Here i come to find out the intake is too large for this 632. Poor runner design. Be OK if i wanted to spin it to 9000. Internal epoxy. Was on a 638 with 2 systems. One of which was an internal fogger, front to back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
You probably need a bigger bore cylinder,to handle all the extra linkage and suction with two carbs.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I posted on the Bullet for you. Clark Mundt used to run two carbs but he used under carb stops. Hell, he may still be doing it for all I know. I haven’t seen him in awhile.

My feelings are you have a big plenum area and you’re depending on those pump shots to try to fill it up after going on the stop. If I were running two carbs I might give it a try by using them on the top end.

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I've seen dual under-carb stops work very well. I don't personally know anyone running an inline stop with a carb, but I know they are out there and some are having success with it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Only person I can recall running a T-Ram with 2 carbs successfully had plate stops under the carbs.

That was a long time ago....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
What about putting the cylinder on the pedal? Have seen that done before.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Dual toilets not carbs but the theory is the same. The toilets however don't need to be turned sideways like carbs so the linkage is a little different. The link bar to join both toilets is on the other side.

I originally ran solid linkage but when I switched to a throttle cable, I needed to figure out a different way to mount the cylinder and this is what I came up with. Push the bump button and the cylinder vents which allows the throttle pedal to be at the floor and butterflies are closed.

Although I could figure out some way to use it as a down track throttle stop but I have no easy way to adjust it. I only use it for a starting line enhancer.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1351 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post