DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Looking for throttle cable bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for throttle cable bracket
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking for a throttle cable bracket for an older Chevy. I have a Holley 750 vacuum secondary on a 350 sbc. I have installed a 700r4 but haven’t found a good bracket for the throttle and transmission cable. I got one from summit that’s not going to work. It just uses one stud to attach so it will swing forward some at wot. Plus it appears way too short to correctly attach the cable from the transmission. Any suggestions on what you have used that fits and works are welcome. Thanks.

Posts: 494 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jegs...[Detent Cable Bracket Fits Holley 20-112 Billet Cable Bracket]
Holley 20-119
Part Number: 510-20-119
Holley Detent Cable Bracket Fits Holley 20-112 Billet Cable Bracket
Detent Cable Bracket Only
Fits Holley 20-112 Billet Cable Bracket
GM Kickdown/TV Cable

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Looking for a throttle cable bracket for an older Chevy. I have a Holley 750 vacuum secondary on a 350 sbc. I have installed a 700r4 but haven’t found a good bracket for the throttle and transmission cable. I got one from summit that’s not going to work. It just uses one stud to attach so it will swing forward some at wot. Plus it appears way too short to correctly attach the cable from the transmission. Any suggestions on what you have used that fits and works are welcome. Thanks.

I tried a couple of aftermarket setups before I went junkyard and used a GM bracket, just had to make a modification on the throttle lever to get the correct length and arc.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have oem bracket from a tbi set up. I thought about making it work. I do like that billet one from Jegs, it’s similar to what’s on my racecar.

Posts: 494 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I have a bucket of takeoff parts. I'll try and remember to look when I go to the shop tomorrow.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I dug around, I have 2 different GM factory throttle cable/ trans cable brackets. PM me your # and I'll send you pics of what I have.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post