DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What size Winch??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What size Winch??
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr Bill
posted
Setting up a new trailer for a 3600# Door car, what size winch would you guys recommended. (not asking about a brand, so let's not go there please )

I hauled a 1900# dragster in my old trailer and the winch was rated 2500#, and it never seemed to have a problem pulling the dragster into the trailer.. Just don't want to purchase more winch than I need.

Posts: 40 | Location: Flint, MI | Registered: October 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I use a 2500 to pull a 3k door car into my trailer. If I wanted to make it a 5k all I have to do is use a pulley and double it back. If I buy a new winch I'll buy a 5k.
It's good to have a pulley no matter what as it will easily pull your car if something breaks.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
Mr Bill, F.Y.I., winches are rated @ an empty drum, every row of cable lowers the rating. I suggest getting one w/ external solenoids so you can install a $15 remote switch from eBay - they work great. I bought a winch designed for QUADS, much smaller.....

Posts: 255 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
" What size Winch "

Can't believe I'm the only one who's brain went here. Mine is about 5 foot 2 and 130 lbs.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
That's a wench

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
That's a wench

LMAO Laughing Hard

Posts: 2419 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post