DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best route from Baltimore to Numidia Dragway
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best route from Baltimore to Numidia Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Hello All.
Looking for the best rt to go from Baltimore area, to Numidia Dragway in Numidia PA.
Driving a Renegade, pulling a stacker.
Want to avoid the hills as much as possible.
Not to familiar with the area.
Tried to map quest it, didn't look to good going that way.
Thanks in advance
Cal

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
83 North to 81 south ( short distance) to 322 West to 11/15 north. Stay on 11 North to Bloomsburg. To 42 south (I think that is the route the track is on)

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Going to the track from I-80 is the better route, especially in a motorhome pulling a stacker, so 83-81-80 or up to the 476 around philly then 80. Yes it’s longer drive but I almost guarantee you’ll feel better when you arrive at Numidia.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Buckhorn ...#232 I believe. It is the best way there.

I come from the east and one exit east takes you down Rt. 11 and the hills are steep that way.

The Buckhorn exit is one exit west and hills are not as steep.

You go right thru Catawissa and out to the track on 42

It’s a great track and the scenery is pretty awesome in summer out there.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
decent food at the buckhorn exit if you stop.

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Going east on RT 11 in Bloomsburg is a real good place....

Marleys Brewery Grille....

Great beers and food....been there twice for family gatherings....closed now I'm sure though due to the shutdown orders...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Marley's is open for take out but I'm not a big fan. The food is ok and unless you like "craft" beer, I suggest you past on any of the beers.

For dinner, the place to eat is either Oliran Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, BIG portions and not expensive or Taste of Italy for great Italian food.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Up hill both ways Razz

And I love Marleys, we try and get there every trip, love their boli's. I agree on the beer, I'm a bud light guy and they have one that's drinkable. After a few they get tolerable lol

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
coors or bud light, and they have nothing close. IMO, the wings and the pizza are the best things on the menu but again, just ok and that's all I order anytime I'm there now.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Was hoping to go to the Divisional race in June. If it don't get canceled to!!!
Thinking of taking the Wifey for a ride just to check out the roads, before attempting to drive the rig there.
I have heard several horror stories about rid there.
Thanks again
Cal

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Cal, don't believe the nonsense. just take rt.80 to exit 232 Buckhorn

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cal, don't believe the nonsense.

RT 80 ain't no big deal but tell me that long steep hill right after the bridge ain't a killer !!!

That baby is tough if you don't hit it running Big Grin I've seen quite a few motorhomes crawling on up …………….

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bob, I’m sure you do, ones with not enough power Big Grin but no problem for my 3500 Duramax pulling 14k+ and that’s the only way I go

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Guys, remember he is coming from Baltimore area. He has to take 81 to 80 ( big hills) or go up rt15 (bad road construction).

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Numidia postponed and VMP Divisional has now been cancelled!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
next is the entire NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
next is the entire NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series

Ed

What's the word on Numidia opening? Hear they may have a 2 day race Memorial Day Weekend. Will the state allow them to open? Epping got the OK from the town but motorsports is not included in Phase 1 of the state's plan so they are still closed.

On the Divisionals, I am sure the tracks are also involved, meaning they will loose money if no fans show up. The whole deal really s u c s s.

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
forget fans, they will lose money if the racers don't show up.

As to Numidia's opening, all I know is what's stated on their website and FB.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Open next week !!!! two 10k's for top and 3k for footbrake USA

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We won’t, we know you’re not coming.