DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Im Just Gonna leave this here....OG's Step on in!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Im Just Gonna leave this here....OG's Step on in!!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of IP
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, the bookmark and login still works! I was laughing my ass off at lunch trying to explain this place back in the day and just had to give it the “you had to be there” ending. Congrats to Ed/Kyle.
But hey, since we got the band back together someone should point out that Shooter can still PMV.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kyle's sponsorship proposal was a professional as I've ever seen; he has proven himself a skilled racer and self promoter - and his father builds, as my grandfather used to say "hard runnin' cars". I feel proud that our logo is on the Firebird, and our product is in both cars. (Converter in the dragster I believe).

Steve's original converter challenge turned out right after all. Wink

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon@BTE:
Kyle's sponsorship proposal was a professional as I've ever seen;

He must learned it from his Mother. Razz

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Kyle's sponsorship proposal was a professional as I've ever seen;

He must learned it from his Mother. Razz

clapping

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
HAHAH the good ole days....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kyle's sponsorship proposal was a professional as I've ever seen; he has proven himself a skilled racer and self promoter - and his father builds, as my grandfather used to say "hard runnin' cars". I feel proud that our logo is on the Firebird, and our product is in both cars. (Converter in the dragster I believe).

That’s what it’s all about. Hats off to Kyle and Ed. No doubt they know what’s up!

I miss Ed around here. No doubt this place needs him too!

Also, good to see Steve still gettin it done from Above!

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Trump gets into office and now this....

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It's true. The man can write some really bad a** checks! Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you want drama, there's always facebook.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did enjoy buying parts and such from BTE- but if you can’t find a better ambassador for your company than Ed B*gley, I’ll respectfully buy from someone else.
GC out..headed to take the BTE and BTE Bonus decals off my car..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Iforgot,

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well he forgot how to spell ATI but did get the T right and only one letter off on the B.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by littlewheel:
WANNABE CAREER TEST AND TUNERS !

...that ain't got shyt and never done shyt...

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 487 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iforgot:
quote:

I did enjoy buying parts and such from BTE- but if you can’t find a better ambassador for your company than Ed B*gley, I’ll respectfully buy from someone else.

Agreed and it has been nice around here lately and we do not want to go back to it. This place has moved on and is better now.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My bte experience
Bought my first fully assembled trans with nice case and all from bte. In January. Season starts and I get 12 passes on that pump. Call bte. Out of warranty. Our season just started! So sorry. We will sell you a new one at full price. Nope. Never again.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Nothing against BTE products , I have never used them but I thought Ed was always was a ATI kind of guy....atleast that's what he always promoted

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
FREE ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's not punish the kid for his dad's crimes.

It would be interesting to see if Ed were to come back, if he'd be a little different considering this arrangement.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed is Ed, behavior rarely changes...I wonder if he will be sponsored by M/T next???

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

It would be interesting to see if Ed were to come back, if he'd be a little different considering this arrangement.

Been watching Ed berate people on this board since the late '90s- never has he cut anyone any slack. I remember Ed used to say BTE was junk, ATI was gold, and the only real engine shop in the country was BSE POWER..

Posts: 97 | Location: South MS | Registered: September 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:

Been watching Ed berate people on this board since the late '90s- never has he cut anyone any slack. I remember Ed used to say BTE was junk, ATI was gold, and the only real engine shop in the country was BSE POWER..

You mean cry babies that get there feelings hurt when he tell them what they don't want to hear in the first place.... Don't like Ed its pretty easy to use the ignore feature this board has... Ed has alot of good tech info like it or not! He should be allowed here period.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55