Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Wash
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
What have you guys found that works well to wash your trailer with? Black streaks, etc?

Thanks!

Posts: 1404 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I use Bio Kleen black streak remover and then wash with regular car soap afterwards

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got to start with power washing the roof

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
I just power washed the roof.

Posts: 1404 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I ended up using a light rubbing compound followed by quality wax. Most streaks washed off but some just would not go away. I did catch mine fairly soon after getting the trailer. Now I just have to wash regularly and wax cpl times a year and it stays mostly streak free.

Agree that washing roof and keeping it as clean as possible is huge help.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Majestic Solutions Black StreaK Remover.

Professional detailer grade products. Big difference in their line of products vs retail level stuff.

There products are fantastic.

MAJESTIC SOLUTIONS they are out of Raleigh NC. Worth EVERY PENNY!

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Blue Beacon truck wash. They can wash the roof too.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1603 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My trailer is now 5 years old and all I’ve done to clean it is maybe twice a year trips through a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. The service I get is a brush wash with soap/water and Rain X. These periodic washes have kept my trailer looking good with minimum black streaks on the wall panels.

That said, last month I had my Motorhome and trailer detailed which included power washing both roofs. The trailer roof was full of mold. 6 days later and both the trailer and motor home look outstanding! It wasn’t cheap but the results were well worth the $.

FYI, back in April I had the roof of the motorhome coated with Henry’s Tropi-Cool and I’ll be doing the same to the trailer before next season.

With this 100% silicone coating on your roof you’ll be waterproofed, claimed cooler interior and never have black streaks again.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For years I fought the black streaks with every kind of wash and wax known to mankind with almost no positive results. last year I scrubbed and power washed the roof then rolled on the Henry white silicone coating. What a difference it makes. Cooler in the summer heat and ended the battle with black streaks. (Don't attempt to brush it on. Follow the directions.)

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Joe C...KNOWS!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I put a bead of caulking down the edges of my trailer roof. Water doesn't run down the side of the trailer anymore. No more streaks.

Posts: 31 | Location: Roxboro NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Years past my 28 had constant black streaks. Talked to a trailer guy. You have no /gutter/drip rails on that pos. Forgot where i got then from.
Bought the screw on ones.No more streaks. My 44" has the drip rail of which is part of the corner rail. No black streaks. Of what i recall, they came in 10' to 12' lenghts

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought about some kind of drip rails for my trailer, but where does the water go? All four sides are white. Is the idea to direct water to the rear, front, or some sort of gutter system? I don't understand.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I did have a crowned rubber roof installed, that stopped the black streaks, now it just needs a wash every now and then.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1603 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe C:
I thought about some kind of drip rails for my trailer, but where does the water go? All four sides are white. Is the idea to direct water to the rear, front, or some sort of gutter system? I don't understand.[/QUOTE

Yes the corners front and rear have the pieces you attach to the main rail. Stick off of 1/2 or so and that in theory is the downspout. A lot of RV'ers use them Keeps the black streaks off the trailer. This is just one supplier, but there are several including E trailer. The more i think about it, i didn't use the end pieces, Trailer was fine.

E Trailer...

https://www.etrailer.com/search/Drip+Rail

https://www.trimlok.com/plasti...rip-rail/rain-gutter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe C:
I thought about some kind of drip rails for my trailer, but where does the water go? All four sides are white. Is the idea to direct water to the rear, front, or some sort of gutter system? I don't understand.

Rain Gutter Spouts..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DLR
posted Hide Post
I bought some aluminum J channel that came in 10' pieces. I have very minimal black streak problems.
Seems I have more problems with diesel soot removal. I bought a product called Trailer Magic. It works
fairly well, probably better with a wool pad and a buffer.

Posts: 469 | Location: BENTON HARBOR, MI | Registered: August 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post