Tools

Well
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
who makes a residential fridge that will fit in my opening?

Ed, text me the model number and I'll ask my friend who owns a RV repair/remodel business what the best option will be. They have been doing this for 30 years.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Nice rig Ed, agreed on definitely REPLACE the fridge with a 110V unit and slight modifications will be in order. Won't regret it and has alot more space for week or 2 long trips.

I would recommend tire pressure sensors as well. My coach stays plugged in year round as 4 weeks is the longest it will sit from Thanksgiving to new year's.

You and your son will enjoy the rig for years to come for sure. The more you drive it the more comfortable you will get with it.

Go camping with it and every camper there will want to talk to you about it, take my word on this lol.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Nice rig Ed, agreed on definitely REPLACE the fridge with a 110V unit and slight modifications will be in order. Won't regret it and has alot more space for week or 2 long trips.

I would recommend tire pressure sensors as well. My coach stays plugged in year round as 4 weeks is the longest it will sit from Thanksgiving to new year's.

You and your son will enjoy the rig for years to come for sure. The more you drive it the more comfortable you will get with it.

Go camping with it and every camper there will want to talk to you about it, take my word on this lol.

Thats what we ended up doing . Chuck that norcold POS! Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris. So who’s fridge and tire pressure sensors do you recommend?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
TPS brands tire sensors have been good to me so far.

Showhauler installed my 110 fridge unit, give em a call for brand recommendations.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Will do, thanks

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will do, thanks

Ed

I also use the TST tire pressure monitoring system, it works great. I see it on Amazon (TST 507) with 4 pressure sensors for 368$. It's the same one I got a few years back but doesn't have a color monitor. You can add more sensors also for the trailer if you want too. It also comes with a signal booster which may be needed if you add trailer tire sensors.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Al.

Ok so now that my offseason MH maintenance has increased along with my budget, what else should I be doing?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Will do, thanks

Ed

I also use the TST tire pressure monitoring system, it works great. I see it on Amazon (TST 507) with 4 pressure sensors for 368$. It's the same one I got a few years back but doesn't have a color monitor. You can add more sensors also for the trailer if you want too. It also comes with a signal booster which may be needed if you add trailer tire sensors.

I also use the TST system with 12 sensors. Works flawlessly and at 72' I do not use the repeater. I don't see how anyone can tow with temp and pressure readings after using it a few years....lol.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Always good to have this on the phone or the PC as a reference. Locating belts/hoses and belt tensioners numbers. Gates offers the same type interface. it is a headache saver. I use both often on break downs. A lot of belt shear is due to bad belt tensioners. Another thing that can be done is from time to time, latch on to the Air to Air turbo clamps. They are the 4-5" clamps. Make sure they are not loose. Very common problem. They break or are loose. Boost is gone.. Just a couple pointers. You are in the truck world now. Always pre trip.

https://na.daycoaftermarket.com/en/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the info Al.

Ok so now that my offseason MH maintenance has increased along with my budget, what else should I be doing?

They said buy a Motorhome it will be fun..... Laughing Hard

As much as sometimes I wish I had one, Everytime I see someone getting towed off the side of the road or with $5k plus repairs I remind myself why I dont own one

Posts: 2420 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Thanks for the info Al.

As much as sometimes I wish I had one, Everytime I see someone getting towed off the side of the road or with $5k plus repairs I remind myself why I dont own one

I LOVE mine. Not only can I eat/sleep in it at the track, at 1750 Ft#'s of torque and 500 HP, it's quicker than my duramax at 50K#. It's absolutely a blast to drive.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Can’t say I love mine yet. Towing is easier and quicker with my GMC 3500 duramax but once at the track, far more convenient though I prefer a real shower and eating at restaurants.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320 racer, Once you get used to that hauler you will never want to go racing with out it. A number of years back I just needed to see if I had corrected a slight miss in the race car. Unhooked from the diesel pusher and used the dually to tow. Went to the track and then found out really missed the motorhome. You did a great addition to your race program.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks SLICKSTER

OEM down light

and their updated/replacement LED downlight...

https://itcshopnow.com/product..._sid=a00a99fd2&_ss=r

ITC is the manufacturer/supplier of the lighting, plumbing in many motor homes as well those clear acrylic LED assist handles at the entry door of most coaches.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
corrected a slight miss in the race car. Unhooked from the diesel pusher and used the dually to tow. Went to the track and then found out really missed the motorhome.

Same, plus if you travel with a wife, she will really appreciate the space!

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just purchased these

https://rvsnappad.com/

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Thanks for the info Al.

I had probably the roughest start anyone could ever have when owning one of these, having it fail catastrophically on the way home from buying it, having it go to a Freightliner dealer the day after I bought it. Then limping from that dealer to another dealer closer to home. Then having them give up, me having to fix part of it myself Then having more, much more major issues immediately and going to yet another Freightliner dealer where it would spend the next 10 and a half months and racking up 10's of thousands of dollars in repair work, finally determining that the dealer that worked on it just prior to me buying it, fu(ked it up. Then fighting and eventually suing them for the repairs plus loss of use because they refused to pay for their mistake. It was hell. I wouldn't want to do it again. But the silver lining is Freightliner paid for just short of half the purchase price of my coach, and we have a perfect very thoroughly serviced truck that runs and drives like a brand new one.

It a bad ass unit, it's basically a twin to Ed's, same layout with minor detail changes. Mine is the full white out package, so all the exterior trim is white and compartment doors are white also. I would never want to go to the track without one.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haven’t checked but my educated guess is 6mpg @ 65mph.
I get 10+ mpg loaded, and 11 mpg without the trailer

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post