New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new rig. We chose a motorhome but are thinking about going to a toter. I am 80' long as well and you get used to it. Turning and backing up may take a little time to get comfortable with but soon enough you won give it much thought

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I don’t know for certain how tall this truck is but I was told don’t go under any overpass that isn’t at least 13 feet clear.
I consider my minimum 13'6". It's really like 13'3" but I never trust a government worker that much lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I plan to measure the height of my rig to know for sure.

Thanks Al

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Be sure and look at the road you are traveling. If it looks to have recently had a "new" overlay, the signs may be @3" off in clearance. Besides, new AC units are always a good update.

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Typically the asphalt topping is scarified/removed down to the concrete road base before installing new topping.

That said, I’m traveling primarily on interstate and state roads. Few county snd local roads due to weight snd overpass height restrictions.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
If you don't know if the cooling system has been treated with the Cummins additive DCA4, add it or the equivalent. Most don't even know what it is.
It slows liner porosity down along with HG erosion.. It does not matter what the coolant color is or who makes it.. Nice unit. Be safe.
Carry some extra belts for piece of mind.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. Come April of next year, every filter, belt, hose as well tires will all be replaced and the old belts and hoses keep for emergency roadside replacements.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
nice unit 1290. I was not invited to try out the grill so I guess I get a rain check on that. and if you need help changing a tire call me and I will walk you through it.

ep-believe it or not. I blew a motor home tire on my way home from vmp. vmp is bad luck for me and tires.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Pauley thanks and me thinks VMP is very good to you motorhome tires aside.

BTW, we used the Blackstone grill for the first time Saturday night at VMP, Kyle cooked some steaks.

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Nice rig Ed. You will love it during rain delays or if it is super hot or cold outside.

I went from a 53' LQ and a F450...to me the Freightliner rides nicer and is more comfortable to drive. Have to pay attention more to turning and where you stop to get fuel. Beyond that...best investment to my racing I have made.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
If you haven't heard about this, check it out. Well worth it for fueling. TA and Petro truck stops give the biggest discounts as much as 90 cents off pump price. Another advantage is not having to go in to give fuel desk a credit card. You can activate the pump at the pump at truckstops. It saved me almost a grand on fuel my last trip. There is an app that shows the fuel price and locations for discounts. It also track your fuel costs for you.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rob thanks, looking forward to the day that I like it no mind love it.

Tony, great info, thanks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I LOVE driving mine. I think I like driving my rig more than racing.....LOL. It handles sooooo much better than a pusher and has TONS of power. The wifes happy wind doesn't bother it like a pusher. You'll probally be fine with a full conversion box, but I still recommend to everyone to run it over a set of scales and make sure the tires are correctly rated......you'd be surprised how many are not.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. Scaling it is also on my list of things to do.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
If you haven't heard about this, check it out. Well worth it for fueling. TA and Petro truck stops give the biggest discounts as much as 90 cents off pump price. Another advantage is not having to go in to give fuel desk a credit card. You can activate the pump at the pump at truckstops. It saved me almost a grand on fuel my last trip. There is an app that shows the fuel price and locations for discounts. It also track your fuel costs for you.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

That’s what we use as well

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I know several that have the TSD. O/O. They have a separate account set specifically for fuel only.
Naturally for security reasons.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
I know several that have the TSD. O/O. They have a separate account set specifically for fuel only.
Naturally for security reasons.

Yep, I do have a separate account funded with enough money for fuel only attached to it.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I realize you didn't buy this for fuel efficiency, but what MPG do you see fully loaded?

Posts: 15 | Location: MN | Registered: June 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Haven’t checked but my educated guess is 6mpg @ 65mph.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
You're gonna wonder how you ever did without one.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post