DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Intermittent Golf Cart Trouble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intermittent Golf Cart Trouble
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Have a 1983 Columbia par car two-stroke cart. Left me stranded twice when it either quit died on a turn or refused to start. Did not have any spark at that time. The next day it started & ran normal. Can't get it to stop for diagnosis. Where to look for the cause of the trouble?

Posts: 29 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you can access the ignition coil, try heating it with a hair dryer. Once hot, check for spark. No spark? Bad coil. Beyond that, I'm clueless. Carts are not my Forte'

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I recently had a similar problem with an EZ GO.....Ended up being a loose wire on the ignitor. We replaced the coil, the pick up behind the fly wheel, and it was just a wire to the ignitor....good luck.....Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
1983? ya got yer money outta that one.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue this summer with my Yamaha G16. It would shutdown intermittent and left me stranded on the other side of the track. After it cooled down, it was fine. I bought an in line spark tester at the parts store and found out it was the coil. DO NOT buy a cheap coil on Amazon. The cheap coil only lasted about a month for me. Buy the OEM replacement and save yourself the headache.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post